[Poll?]What would you like to see in a new map editor?

- place random object from category, example random tree, random rock, random bush etc. with option random rotation

- move multiple objects at once

- support for water, colzones, occolusion zones, custom models

- save in various methods, as .map, .lua, .sql, compress file ( example: dont set interior=0 if by default interior = 0, dont set posX = 123.0000005 )

- simple permission system, example provilages to: edit, create, destroy, save, load, map settings

- upgrade remove world object, now, some object are impossible to remove ( if you click but nothing you clicked, then script find nearest 10 world objects and show you in list )

- import map to current map which able to marge multiple maps into one, and export part of map into separated files ( example you can export all object which in colshape )

• Like 3
5 hours ago, PolskiSebek12 said:

- place random object from category, example random tree, random rock, random bush etc. with option random rotation

- move multiple objects at once

- support for water, colzones, occolusion zones, custom models

- save in various methods, as .map, .lua, .sql, compress file ( example: dont set interior=0 if by default interior = 0, dont set posX = 123.0000005 )

- simple permission system, example provilages to: edit, create, destroy, save, load, map settings

- upgrade remove world object, now, some object are impossible to remove ( if you click but nothing you clicked, then script find nearest 10 world objects and show you in list )

- import map to current map which able to marge multiple maps into one, and export part of map into separated files ( example you can export all object which in colshape )

occolusion zones are not possible in MTA, however I'll add custom zones with certain properties (So they will be very similar to occolusion zones)

Custom models is mainly what this map editor will be focused around, for saving I'll make it so you can just add a plugin (Which'll output to the format you want) by default it'll save as .map, .lua and .JSP (JSP is my own extremely small method)

For permissions I'll add ability to lock world editing to certain levels, lock certain objects, etc.

Remove world object I'll for sure add (Will be a little sphere you can move around and it'll delete anything in it with specific ID)

Merge multiple maps already added. As for the exporting part of the map I'll be added Prefabs so for example, you can save buildings you make then paste those buildings as an object.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HunT said:

Terrain editor like unreal engine or ( why not) gameguru.

I see many time ago in the forum this discussion but i think never release.

Yes, I remember this. there was this one person working on such a thing but never saw anything about it again.

I'm looking forward for this resource to be released, good luck! Cody

Basically the same features as there are now just that the map editor doesn't have to run on a server for all players, but can be loaded and unloaded and used by certain players only.

Basically like a gamemode such as race etc. on a Multigamemode server.

Maybe this is possible already with the current map editor, but I guess that requires some changes as I assume it was designed to run on the whole server, same as the default gamemodes.

Is this official map editor?

If so, compared to current one:

- less bugs, better code structure

- simple and easy workflow for building plugins

- multiple maps support

- biuld-in tools for mass object generation (loops, generation along 3d curve, generation alog the line with some step, generation in some area - circle, square, randomized generation - forests, peds, vehicles ect.)

mta-screen_2018-06-26_19-32-32.png\

Search bar done, (When objects are added to this list it'll display objects to) while I'm unsure how well this'll work on larger tables it should be able to index them incredibly quick meaning almost instant search results will be displayed. This list will also display elements with a tag that follows said search pattern. (So for example if you tag an object with the tag 'Tree' and 'Vice City Custom' when you search Tr or Vice it'll display.

Edited by CodyJ(L)

That is a really good idea. I'm sure they'll make this editor become official.

I have some ideas for this :

* Add water.

*Add a translator with the most used languages (such as Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Arabic, etc.) - I say it because that GUI looks complex.

*Add a " stacker "  like in this game 

(  going to help too much mappers )

*if you are based on the code of the original editor, please solve this horrible problem: " test could not be started! cannot begin test while a save or load is in progress " because much people is reporting that error.

Thanks for read ! :D ( if you can't understand something i said, i'm sorry... my original language is the Spanish )

PD : maybe i repeat some idea, i'm sorry again, i'm very clueless xD

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

A possibility to change/replace some object textures and some default extra stuff like walls from SA:MP or something like that to make custom interior and house mapping more supported? I would really like to see that advanced mapping oppurtinity in MTA:SA and that would be really useful for custom stuff.