createProjectile with ped

Uçar

createProjectile(ped_element, ...)

The element representing creator of the projectile. In case you want the projectile to be synced for everybody creator must be the local player or his vehicle.

Wiki says it can not be synced for everybody. Well, is this possible for some players? When I tried this, the missile never occurred(for me too)..

• Moderators

It is indeed a big problem.

Optional.

You can tell all players that are closeby that a projectile is created. (Which you can attach to an element serverside to get full control. ) When it blows up at one of the clients, you can tell all other clients to move their projectile to the right position and detonate it.

It is not 100/100, but it can be considered as a kind of synchronization/validation.

Wait, I am confused now - wiki says that "In case you want the projectile to be synced for everybody creator must be the local player or his vehicle", also that the *model* of the projectile is not synced. So is it or is it not synced?

Edited by Zorgman
  • Moderators

A ped isn't a player or a vehicle(with syncer). So no they are not synced in case of a ped.

also that the *model* of the projectile is not synced.

And this is about:

Optional Arguments

NOTE: When using optional arguments, you might need to supply all arguments before the one you wish to use. For more information on optional arguments, see optional arguments.

• posX, posY, posZ: float starting coordinates for the projectile. They are coordinates of creator by default.
  • force: float representing the starting force for throwable projectiles.
  • target: element target used for heat seeking rockets.
  • rotX, rotY, rotZ: float starting rotation for the projectile.
  • velX, velY, velZ: float starting velocity for the projectile.
  • model: Integer representing the projectile's model, uses default model for weaponType if not specified.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/CreateProjectile

With other words, if you change projectiles in to houses(objects), they will not look like houses for the remote-players*.

*(other players than the creator of the projectile)

yea yea, I know, you can also make cows fly as in age of empire 1.

/Jack be Nimble

I've already tried this. I created a ped on the server side and triggered the client for root, but this did not work for anyone.

Also I tried this on the client side. I created the ped on the client side and used it in the createProjectile function. But it did not even work for the same client.

I think the wiki is wrong. This function is not working at all for peds.