Problem with PedEvent.txt GTA:SA

TheGothS23

Question

Well, I had a problem with the mta since it does not open for me because of a problem according to my gta san andreas.

It says: "GTA: SA Could not open the file PedEvent.txt"

I've tried everything ... reinstalling everything, deleting MTA records, moving gta and mta on disk D and nothing works, I need urgent help !!!

Screenshot ( I hope you understand Spanish ): https://imgur.com/a/8AxkfQL

I hope and you can help me, I have been with this problem for 4 days and I lose hope of being able to play MTA again :(

4 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
50 minutes ago, cacafrola said:

I already solved it... just create a new .txt in the folder where it should be called PedEvent and it will run ok as far as i know. 

I wouldn't recommend that.. it might allow your game to start, but that file exists for a reason and therefore your game can become unstable/buggy/most likely crash, when GTA expects that file to be there and to be original (usable, not empty). So, it can crash at random moments, what you'll notice is an increased crash risk while playing MTA.

To avoid problems in the future, everyone that gets this error should restore that file to original, or rather re-install GTA. The original poster said he tried re-installing, but that's very unlikely to be true, since this error indicates the file (in your GTA folder) is unreadable, and most of the times that means it's deleted or corrupted..

Recommended solution:

Here is a back-up for the original file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/27naf5d2retkkei/PedEvent.txt?dl=1

Go to your GTA installation folder > data > decision: for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\Decision and copy paste the original file backup there. If PedEvent.txt wasn't there, the error should be solved now.

If it was there, then it might have been corrupted or modified, leading to the error regardless, and it might be fixed now. If it's not fixed in the latter case, make sure the folder permissions (all of them, including "read") of your GTA installation folder are set to Full control (right click > Properties > security tab) for "Users" group.

Edited by Dutchman101