reset password feature on SAAW server

Hello! So, I've come up with this easy and simple idea which is to add a " reset password " feature. Basically what it does is reset your password. For example: If somebody has an account but that person have forgotten his account password, then there's no way for him to get his account back, and he would have to either make a new account and lose all of his progress and hard work, or he can contact, Einheit, and this will take a long time because of course, Einheit, is busy and has things to do and maybe Einheit is just inactive or whatsoever. So, adding a " reset password/ forgot password " feature which is simple, and the way it works is very easy, it just sends your password to your email, or it can send some link to your email, and then you would have to make a new password then login.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 8-5-2018 at 18:57, Dicks4Breakfast said:

or he can contact, Einheit, and this will take a long time because of course, Einheit, is busy and has things to do and maybe Einheit is just inactive or whatsoever.

This suggestion seems oriented on a specific server, owned by @Einheit-101 and it is understandable because all of this is done through scripting and the account system is easily re-integrated from hardcoded to custom. For your needs you should post a topic on the SAAW forums, the server you're clearly looking to suggest something for, or ask the owner directly.

Go here: http://gta-saaw.blogspot.nl or post in their server topic where he tends to get back to requests: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/85193-saaw-san-andreas-at-war-world-war-ii-v12-247/

Edit 10th June: Topic moved off suggestions section, deleted some bumping posts and locked; please keep suggestions for a specific server confined to their topic, if any. ( @Jaysds1, @Dicks4Breakfast, @Einheit-101 )

• Thanks 1

Yeah well i am pretty busy currently and I have no idea how to send emails with MTA scripts. Especially i have no time to redo the account system just because once in a while someone forgets his password - which is by the way often stored in the MTA folder in a xml file. 

If you " have no time " to work on improving and adding more features to your server, then why did you make a server in the first place? It's not a " once in a while " problem, once this server gets big you'll need to add one, so why not add it from now? 

You may not know it but I work on my server since 2011 with many breaks in that time...

Also it's very unlikely that this server will get much bigger - in fact the player count is falling.

People have to realize that developers have a real life and sometimes this catches me.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Einheit-101 said:

You may not know it but I work on my server since 2011 with many breaks in that time...

Also it's very unlikely that this server will get much bigger - in fact the player count is falling.

People have to realize that developers have a real life and sometimes this catches me.

I know you've put so much effort in your server, thus the awesome gameplay. However, you always have to believe that your server will get better and the player base will continue to grow. And I do understand that you have to deal with real life :~, because real life always comes first.

1 hour ago, CodyJ(L) said:

Are you kidding me @Dicks4Breakfast He has a job, a life, and his own problems. You don't get mad at a server developer just because he's not putting every second he has into it.

I didn't get mad at him?