[Testing] Custom IFP Animations in MTA:SA 1.5.x

9 hours ago, ma2med said:

Very nice :D Great work

EDIT/ There is problem, I can't rejoin my own server it crash with your resources.

What is the crash message? can you take a screenshot? what exactly happens? You should be able to rejoin your server. Did you start the resource "ifptest"?

33 minutes ago, CodyJ(L) said:

You still planning on doing a set bone position function?

Yeah, I'm planning to do it, but it's a part of my another project where I rewrite entire animation system to get full control, I can work on other stuff only when my current pull request gets merged.

Alright that'd be amazing because I plan on adding an entirely new animation set that's fully dynamic. (Meaning no animation is static, every animation has a random movement added; (running, one leg may fall ahead or behind of the other by a small amount, shooting your hands follow  the trigger / handle, driving your hands follow the steering wheel, ect along with ziplines and crap in the future.)

Edited by CodyJ(L)
  • Like 1

That's nice. I think you mean partial animations, which are currently not supported, quoting myself from github:

Something important about engineReplaceAnimation:

I forgot to mention that partial animations are not supported for replacing, if you replace them, MTA won't crash, but the animation will get glitched, most probably not what you want. Those are animations which usually run parallel with other animations like punching while running can't be replaced. You can replace running, punching, crouching, shooting with weapons, swimming, and hundreds of more similar animations, but there are few that you can't replace properly, and those few animations are partial animations.

The only reason why I did not fix this is because it will require me to rewrite the entire animation system including GTA task system. The amount of bones to be moved for every animation is hardcoded in GTA:SA for every task, and it will literally take me 4-5 more months to completely reverse it, and a few more to write code properly for MTA. That's roughly 1 year :)

I do have plans to add support for partial animations and the ability to have any amount of bones. Currently, bone limit is 32. I want to lift this limit and add a few more functions like setPedBonePosition and setPedBoneRotation. Hopefully, next year.

Adding partial animations will give animators full freedom, however, you can still achieve what you want, but it will require you to create more animations to play at the appropriate moment. When I add support for them, I'll probably add a new function, like setPedPartialAnimation, or I might simply modify setPedAnimation.

Edited by Saml1er
13 hours ago, CodyJ(L) said:

No I mean I'm asking about setBonePosition, partial animations are nice; but not what I'm mentioning. I'm looking for a setBonePosition so I can have full freedom over how the animations play out

Yeah, it's on my to-do list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You no longer have to follow the steps in the original post, instead you can download latest nightly from: nightly.multitheftauto.com, it has all the latest IFP functions. You can also check the wiki.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineLoadIFP

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineRestoreAnimation

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceAnimation

Edited by Saml1er
  • Thanks 2
  • 5 years later...