Will 56K support be better in one of the next versions?

Guest RAY16

Well, right now playing with 56K is pretty much impossible. When i connect to a server i can play for about 1 minute with really bad warping, and then i just stop sending and reciving data. Everything just stops moving, only i can move. When i check the connection status it doesn't blink at all. Will future versions work better with 56K? Or is there no hope for me (and lots of other people) unless i get Cable/DSL?

Well, I can see 56k support in the future... I mean, Battlefield 1942, with 64 players, on a huge map, with tons of vehicles, and 56k can still (just barely) handle it...

Not sure what kind of fiber optic 56k you've been on to allow 64 player games of Battlefield....but if you say so..

My 2mbit down 384 up can only handle good 32 person games

Ive connected to a local 50 player BF1942 server on my 56k modem which had 45+ players on it my ping was around 400-500

I don't consider this playable..

Edited by Guest

From what i saw, i think lag on .3b is'nt to bad and is playable on 56k. MTA Team have done a GREAT job !!

Ive connected to a local 50 player BF1942 server on my 56k modem which had 45+ players on it my ping was around 400-500

it was just playable and lots of fun...!!!!! :D

i guess i must be used to good ol 56kdial-up lag by now... :P

Now please excuse me... im off to teleport around Liberty City.

Beam me up Scotty :!::arrow:

*** STANDING OVATION for MTA TEAM :D:D:D:D:!:

um, vulcan... try running battlefield with only 70 ms ping and you will never EVER want to play "400-500" ms ping again... do you realize that 400-500 is 4 to 5 SECONDS behind? you NEED broadband for 32+ multiplayer games.

56k is laggy to begin with. It's underlying technology can't get under 150ms ping and is typically 250ms while the average broadband connection latency is about 90ms. Don't force MTA to "optimized for 56k" because they CAN'T. That is the nature of 56k. It SUCKS, and do not come back with "oh you called 56k names you are mean" because that is FACT not FICTION.

56k is laggy to begin with. It's underlying technology can't get under 150ms ping and is typically 250ms while the average broadband connection latency is about 90ms. Don't force MTA to "optimized for 56k" because they CAN'T. That is the nature of 56k. It SUCKS, and do not come back with "oh you called 56k names you are mean" because that is FACT not FICTION.

Yes, 56K does suck, but its all i can afford. Besides, all the other games i play run fine on 56K. On SOF2 i get an average of a 200Ping with ping spikes every now and then. 56K sucks but its perfectly playable if the game has been optimized for it. Also, if a game is optimized for 56K, doesn't that mean it will run faster on Cable/DSL? Since its optimized for 56K doesn't that mean that it doesn't need as much data to be sent back and forth, and if thats true then doesn't that mean that cable will perform better since it can handle it with no problem?

my 56k modem sumhow matches my cable upstream. w/ 56k, i got around 12 kB/s (kilobytes not bits). im not shure how this happened..., a 56k modem should have a hardware limit of 7 kB/s.... But before i switched 2 this gay cable isp, i had road runner. that 0wned! i use to get 500 kB/s down and 60 kB/s up. now i have 120 kB/s down and 15 kB/s up