[LF] Creating A Next Generation Roleplay Server [Paid/Non-Paid]

U n t i t l e d   ( n e x t - g e n )   R o l e p l a y   S e r v e r   P r o j e c t
https://discord.gg/aY9TWK9

Me:
Used to play on Roleplay servers on SA-MP and MTA years ago, both as an admin and a casual player, but eventually quit due to to time constraints. Recently I got some free time and got interested in returning. I looked around on couple of servers, but all of them seem to lack in many ways, especially on how they approach to a fresh player. The gameplay and roleplay has barely evolved back from the days of LS-RP, although the technology has become much better.

I would like to launch development of a next generation of MTA Roleplay server, to offer the San andreas RP community something much more immersive and unique in terms of roleplay and gameplay, to what we've seen before, to create server from perspective of what a regular player looks for in a script, and I need your help. I am looking for any people who are interested in joining to develope this script, concept, story and a server together. After it is ready, we will release it for free to all, though we will still run our own server. I will pay for server costs, and can possibly pay for scripting, if you are especially skilled and experienced. For rest people who will help, you will be made member of the staff and will get some kinda benefits at the star of the server. We are most likely not starting from scratch, as that would take too long. We will take one of the better releases and modify it to our needs.

Some concepts:

-  Permanent death, mortality of your character.

To truly immerse yourself into your character, you should be afraid of dying and losing everything at any given time. You should fear danger and conflict like in real life, but this is missing in pretty much every server. By introducing permanent death in a smart way, you will make people act much more committed and protective toward their character. In this concept, when a person "dies" they will fall unconscious on the ground, and unless saved by a paramedic or taken to hospital in time, they will permanently die. This would make paramedic an extremely important job. And to prevent deathmatching, murderers should be made to fear murdering someone as well, with sentences for murders varying anywhere from a couple of days in self-defense cases to life-sentence, ie. forever, so as bad as permanent death if you get caught and convicted, in premeditated murders. This would require a huge in-game prison as immersive as the outside world, with an ability to break out with help from outside as well. To prevent deaths from bugs and trolls, every permanent death would still have to be approved by a specific admin or helper, to ensure it was according to rules, and only people with 10 hours or so on the server could commit a permanent kill.

- Realistic economy, political system and fairness.

Players want to feel like currency and property has value and is not created endlessly from an infinite supply. When a player gets a paycheck, they should feel accomplished for earning it and optimistic for what it can be spend on or saved towards. They should feel like they can move forward in the world, not too fast, not too slow, and increase the amount on that paycheck bit by bit through job advancement. Player should not feel she has inferior opportunity to earn money in comparison to others, or that wealth creation is being abused by corrupt admins and their firends who drive around deathmatching on their LSPD neon turismos while you work the pizza delivery job. By script, everyone should have the equal opportunity to earn. And since anyone could lose everything they have at any moment, they would probably be compelled not to act so greedy. OOC Economy should be controlled and adjusted for equality. IC economy should be chaotic. Players running stores can set their own prices for their products and services. There should be an elaborate political system that gives players the ability to affect how their city functions, ability to change laws and taxes and tariffs, whether justly or unjustly. To make sure the city is really run by the players, admins would be permanently banned from participation in politics and business. And to ensure fairness, all admin and moderation actions, including creation of wealth and property, is recorded and made publicly available.

- Truly player run world

Running into a convenience store and typing /buy to get what you want is how most do it. But in this server, most businesses, including gas stations, convenience stores and banks are only open when the owners or players employed there have opened them. The owner can hire employees, from cashier to security guards, and employees will have to maintain the business, keep up the inventory, prevent shoplifting, order more materials if needed, set up prices for services and products, and much more. No useless unused placeholder businesses. If businesses do not produce profit, they can go bankrupt

- Alluring and immersive to a new player.

New player should be made to feel as if they are important to the world they just entered. The player must feel like the world they are in is populated and they can interact with others in it right from the start. Most servers just dump you into some empty street nowhere with no players around, and so you start running around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do or where everything and everyone is. On this server, an admin aproved helper will get a notification when a new player joins, can spawn themselves as a namesless cab driver near the entrance of the new player spawn, inviting the player for a fare and show them around; where's a cheap hotel to stay at, where you can apply for a job, etc, immersing the player in roleplay and the world, from the moment they enter.

- Storyline and lore.

Every fictional world must have a story to be truly immersive, and every story must have it's heroes, villains. Every player should feel immersed by the story, and they should feel that they can become important actors, villains or heroes, in that story, or at least in the sub-plots. Storylines such as these should be encouraged: Street gangs striking a cease-fire to rally against a notorious mafia organization and destroy it. Crazy cult that wants to take over the city. The people electing a mayor who goes dictator and puts everything under martial law. Everything should be possible, nothing restricted, all things should be subjet to changes and conclusions. All characters and factions, no matter how big and powerful, should acknowledge their mortality, like a new player who just joined.

- Keeping people busy and invested.

While roleplaying, people should be kept occupied. A hunger and thirst system will make people feel involved with their character's maintenance. In-game Radio station with actual people covering happenings and news. Many, MANY jobs, at least 30 jobs to choose from off the base, excluding jobs offered by player run businesses and faction jobs. Sometimes a player may want to take a break from roleplaying and want to just shoot around, and for this we need unique minigames with a sense of progression, accomplishment and reward to the character. Community events, global and local roleplaying instances.

- True freedom

Roleplaying whatever you want; A nazi, rapist, terrorist, serial murderer, whatever. GTA is an 18+ rated game and not meant to be played by little kids or people without the mental capabilities to handle mature subjects. It's funny how many servers try to act morally righteous by imposing restrictions on things which you can act out in a game where people murder each other all the time. This is extremely hypocritical and destructive when it comes to immersion. The expression of play should be as chaotically creative as possible and all roles should be allowed , because they're pretended and not real.

- Marketing of the server to outside MTA community.

The MTA Roleplay playerbase feels like it's dying. Apart from bunch of Russian servers with huge populations, there is hardly any truly popular and active Roleplay servers, maybe a handful with medium popularity of around 60 players, we would be aiming for 100+. New people are not coming in because the game is so old. The people that still play MTA Roleplays are leaving now because the roleplay servers are too balkanized and there is nothing new being offered to them. However, I think we could create something special, and unify the remaining RP community to one place. If we will reach outside MTA, to new players who are not aware of MTA, and make them aware of what they could get from this server, they could come, just to play on  this server, but only if it's special and fulfills all it promises.

And more ...

Looking for following people :

- Scripters / Developers

- Designers / Writers

- Helpers / Testers / Mappers

U n t i t l e d   ( n e x t - g e n )   R o l e p l a y   S e r v e r   P r o j e c t
https://discord.gg/aY9TWK9

• Thanks 1

Good luck with it, but let me tell you something. The player amount you desire is pretty difficult to get with these ideas, mainly because everyone looks for 0-effort fun or a donation system that allows you to buy things easily. But I'm sure as the time passes this server is going to be successful ( if it opens ).

7 hours ago, Simple01 said:

Good luck with it, but let me tell you something. The player amount you desire is pretty difficult to get with these ideas, mainly because everyone looks for 0-effort fun or a donation system that allows you to buy things easily. But I'm sure as the time passes this server is going to be successful ( if it opens ).

Bro. MTARP has/had a donation system and a good 80% of the roleplayers have been boycotting that server for years now. 

Other than that, you can't be too strict on players. You're trying to make everything feel like real life, you shouldn't take the fun away from the player. If I am a player and I'm forced to login everyday to open a shop to earn money, I'm going to quit playing. The roleplay experience should be realistic, but shouldn't feel like a job. You're playing to have fun, not forcing yourself online to keep your business going. 

6 hours ago, Forthwind said:

Bro. MTARP has/had a donation system and a good 80% of the roleplayers have been boycotting that server for years now. 

Other than that, you can't be too strict on players. You're trying to make everything feel like real life, you shouldn't take the fun away from the player. If I am a player and I'm forced to login everyday to open a shop to earn money, I'm going to quit playing. The roleplay experience should be realistic, but shouldn't feel like a job. You're playing to have fun, not forcing yourself online to keep your business going. 

Well, creating a mobile APP in order to handle business stuff it's a solution. :P

I don't think it's being strict, quite contrary, you are much more free when it comes to owning and managing your business. Sure, it doesn't appeal to everyone, but it does to people who this server is geared towards. You don't have to login every day. You can hire employees who have the keys to the business and who will do it for you. And because you can set prices for items, you can make a nice amount of money, even if you hold your business open for 2 hours per week. Of course, if another business owner keeps their store open every day for 2 hours, or has lower prices, customers will naturally go and buy there, it creates a realistic economy, competition and everyone can do what they want, that's what makes businesss interesting, not pressing /buybiz and watching money roll in without any involvement. Passive income is not fun in my opinion and gets boring over time. Forcing people to keep involved with their business, find ways to maximize their profit,  and making it feel like a real business on other hand makes it worthwhile and fun, or so I would argue. I may be wrong though, and if people dislike this system, I guess we can think of implementing hireable NPC employees.