Server Side Radio

Would it be possible to make a Server Side Custom Radio Station, Like RadioX but have it play Server Side Music, ie mp3's.

Have the Server Owner pick the music, Radio Station Name (Or A Default "Server Radio", "MTA Server" or "$Name Radio)

$Name Radio nane like $Name Radio.

Or Make It Auto Shorten To Like The First 8-10 Alphabetical or Numerical (Including Spaces) of the name.

$Name = What The Server is Named

I wouldn't imagine this possible in the near future, since a normal length mp3 is around 4mb, and this may take some users a bit of time to download just 1 track, rather than the whole station. Streaming it may be an idea, but imagine if you have a full 26-player server streaming a 128kbps mp3 to every player? Bandwidth usage would skyrocket and companies wouldn't host it.

however remember that there are sound compressions available that decrease the quality but also allow the sound to consume less bandwith.. i find this idea very interesting for blue especially that the team has already included voice communication in mta:sa

/me votes yes

Whilst we're on the subject of radio, are radio stations synced in MTA:SA? Or if not, do they at least start at random point each time? One of the most annoying aspects of MTA 0.5 and its predecessors was that you'd hear the same bit of radio over and over again every time you started a new game.

Whilst we're on the subject of radio, are radio stations synced in MTA:SA? Or if not, do they at least start at random point each time? One of the most annoying aspects of MTA 0.5 and its predecessors was that you'd hear the same bit of radio over and over again every time you started a new game.

They aren't synced and works like in SP. The radio does start at the same place each time though, I've noticed, but that can easily be fixed. We can quite easily randomize where the radio will start.

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't imagine this possible in the near future, since a normal length mp3 is around 4mb, and this may take some users a bit of time to download just 1 track, rather than the whole station. Streaming it may be an idea, but imagine if you have a full 26-player server streaming a 128kbps mp3 to every player? Bandwidth usage would skyrocket and companies wouldn't host it.

thats why you have the option to listen to the stream, and also i think a good idea is to NOT HOST IT ON THE SERVER YOU HOST MTA ON.

LOL.

thats the dumbest shit ever.

and there are tons of radio stations on the net with this traffic.

lmao sobeit. And how will you do that? Streaming radio costs money too, unless you do it yourself with your home connection.

what?...

dedicated servers for mta cost money too, wtf are you talking about.

and noone ever said it would be manditory to have a streaming radio.

lmao sobeit. And how will you do that? Streaming radio costs money too, unless you do it yourself with your home connection.

what?...

dedicated servers for mta cost money too, wtf are you talking about.

and noone ever said it would be manditory to have a streaming radio.

lmao. I stand corrected.

couldnt they just have a mta radio on shoutcast or similar that lets u stream audio seperately cos that wud be wicked or if u cud link the radio to an internet radio station of ur choice. i suppose it wud all cost money so it aint really worth it but it wud be cool.