Server Side Files, Client Side Files MTA:SA

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but i'll take a shot.

The server will consist of several files...

The server executable, the server config, and the server addon dll.

the server addon dll can use other files (as our .race files will define races for the other clients.)

the clients will consist of blue and associated dll's as well as the client addon dll. which could also use other files ( in this case we use some .x files for additional graphics rendering )

Hope this clears some stuff up.

Kent

what i mean by server side it All ost all files are on the Servers Side, the Car files, truck, ect. and if the owner of the server changes like, the Elegy to a dif Elegy all the Client connecting to the server uses Those file not the local stored files. but the ones on the server.

what i mean by server side it All ost all files are on the Servers Side, the Car files, truck, ect. and if the owner of the server changes like, the Elegy to a dif Elegy all the Client connecting to the server uses Those file not the local stored files. but the ones on the server.

You mean the cars being server side? The server owner can change whatever cars he wants. Though in the race mod your stuck in a car and can't leave to another one....

i mean all the Skins/Cars/and other files, besides the ones need to mainyly run the game, are SERVER SIDE, so if the owner made the Elegey a BUS, all player would see and use the BUS skin, over the elegey. or changeing the Skin on the AT-400 all players would see that skin

those would be clientside but crc checked.

the additional models/skins would be placed in their addon subdir and GTA would redirect the file reading to check that folder first.

we haven't decided yet if we want the files to be included in the server addon as well or not, perhaps they'll need to be on both for file integrity checking.

what he meant was if anyone here has played custom mapped cod or uo online , where the maps are server sided and the clients auto download them to enable those maps on their on pc. will there be such option to put vehicles on the server side and clients auto download the new customized vehicles.

Get it ?

I covered that exactly in my previous post

No no i was just putting his view out for others who are not smart as ur . Others just seem like too dumb to understand his question.