Progress BAR

You guys got a blog system now, but as I read it, i dont think it helps too much.

There's something I would like to see is progress bars coming back, cuz now I have no idea at what stage MTA:SA is... :/

a thing i'd like 2 know is the percentage...

u think a bar which is totally inaccurate is more effective than a site which contains daily posts by the developers saying what they have done and what they plan to do in the near future? I dont get that soz :P

i understand that he is to stupid to understand what u wrote in the blog, but he can understand a nice progress bar, where he can look at those funny squares and say 'omg, only 1 sqaure left, they gonna release it soon!!!1111'. no flammin, peace.

if you pay attention to what you right

if you pay attention to what you Write (it's actually called like that), then maybe you will Write your WRITE like WRITE and not like RIGHT, huh :lol::P

They said that it's going to go into beta shortly. That tells you more than a progress bar would.

they said many things... and like I'm still waiting them to release 0.5.1 they should've released a year ago... but hey.. :P

The Blog is good, but the Blog + the Bar is better. IMO

• MTA Team

Progress bar isn't so great idea imo.

For example: the progress bar is on 80%. What if they wanted to rewrite all of the code, even if it would took months, because of some nasty bugs?

The progress bar should drop on 0% ? If that happened, many ppl would start whining on forums, complaining etc.

And another example: the progress bar is on 20%. They've did a lot of work, and it raised to 75%, but suddenly, they found a bug somewhere, so it dropped to 55%. They've managed to fix it, so bar went up by 5%, and its on 60%, even if its the same as it was in 75%, but with fixed bugs. And ppl would whine and complain as well, like 'OMG WHY THE PROGRESS BAR HAS BEEN LOWERED?!?!?! !!!11one1eleven'.

And again, its hard to say how much % is completed. So posting on the blog would give the people possibility to see, what have been done, and what's being currently worked on.

You see that now? :P

chea u right, but what I say is they update the bar only when they have completed a point with no bugs left in there.

And in the blog, you can check what they did, and new things they release, but you don't know when they will release Blue, cuz you cant know on what stage of development they are now, it can be 20% , 50%.. etc.

so a bar is suming up what they did, and showing how much they still have to.

Yeah but we dont even know what will be in the final release yet... what if something needs to be removed cos it breaks something else? A progress bar is highly inaccurate. Try developing something and then ull see what i mean ;)

For example: the progress bar is on 80%. What if they wanted to rewrite all of the code, even if it would took months, because of some nasty bugs?

The progress bar should drop on 0% ? If that happened, many ppl would start whining on forums, complaining etc.

That's actually what happened, only they didn't lower the bar.

They've got to-do lists but it's difficult to predict a percentage from them because not all of the features will make it to release. Some of them might take too long to implement, with the release waiting for one minor feature to be completed. Others might cause side-effects that affect previously-working aspects.