Editing client scripts for hack?

Siberhecy

Hello, I'm new in MTA scripting. 

I just checked zombies script by Slothman and I see server triggers punch in client and my question starts.

What happens if client edits the script, someone gonna comment all punch action code lines than mean zombies don't attack him... Is it possible? It must be possible, the server doesn't calculate health...

I didn't see any set element health code in server...

Waiting for answers thanks.

13 minutes ago, Siberhecy said:

What happens if client edits the script, someone gonna comment all punch action code lines than mean zombies don't attack him... Is it possible?

MTA will reload the script, if the client edits it, so you don't need to worry about that unless you are dealing with a very expert hacker, which you won't be able to stop anyway. You should always try to keep important logic on server-side, if that's not an option then keep it on client-side.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Saml1er said:

MTA will reload the script, if the client edits it, so you don't need to worry about that unless you are dealing with a very expert hacker, which you won't be able to stop anyway. You should always try to keep important logic on server-side, if that's not an option then keep it on client-side.

Yah, I always prefer work w server side, I never trust client...  Thanks for the reply!

2 minutes ago, CodyJ(L) said:

MTA has one of the best Anti cheat systems any game has ever had period.

I hope so...

Instead of using Luac, you could delete the file, when it's starting to run from the harddrive, because it's already loaded into the memory... 

I say this, because there are some guy, who can encrypt your luac file... 

Edited by Awang