Read this ! How to get a game Going and First Impressions

Hi this is my first post and i hope to clarify some startup problems with anyone who had the same problem as me.. After you manage to connect to a server with the MTA prog get your gta started with the MTA launcher and make sure u press the GTA3 MTA button NOT sp, you will arrive at credits screen and it will loop...

Alt-tab out of GTA3 while the credits are rolling and press Send Game Request on the MTA console now Alt-tab back to GTA3 and you should be able to select team... Diabolo is recommended by the authors but i had the same 'experience' from both team, either way your skin is standard while playing and everybody else is !.. Now you should drop into the level on your own and this is the bit every1 is going wrong i think,,, ive noticed i lose connection pretty much every time i get to spawn into the level for the first time.. youve probably noticed a lot of arrows on the roof near the mafia home, you need to ALT-TAB out of the game if you havnt seen any other players (green dots) moving around on the map yet.. and bring up the mta console again.. now try Disconnecting and Reconnecting to the same server , if u now return to GTA3 you should see some other players, (if not try reconnecting again)... i hope this gets some ppl through the intial stages of joining,,

Ive played a few games now Im on a DSL connection and the game is de-syncing very badly . it might be some of the servers bad connections etc , nobody seems to shoot back ???! and a lot of people running in circles,, lost connections ?? ive found players possibly on faster conns driving around but positional data is getting lost and cars jumping back and looping ,crashing etc,, occasionally two vehicles/players getting stuck together and teleporting all over the map !?!??! the dodo seems to do it a lot ,, not sure how peeps have got the dodo seeing as the bridge is blocked from the first city... suspicions that bad/custom GTA3 installs are making the game de - sync bad,, ive had a few good chases with cars on low player servers (between 2-6),, Huge lag sometimes 2-3 seconds!

Im interested to hear about any successful games cos ive only played it on my own pc

But great work on the mod so far guys it looks promising and respect for all the hard work so far making this great game multiplayer !!! :o:o

Edited by Guest

umm .... to get the dodo (at least on the game i connected to) i just drove around the barriers to the next island, but u can also take the tunnel as it seems that the second bridge is in the up postion.

i get very little lag because i am on T3

i did notice that if some one else get in your car they can drive around while u are still inside. :D

ah i see :D

But even on T3 u must be experiencing some de-syncing ??? it must be cos a lot of people are runnning in circles and moonwalking into walls ! cars disappear for 2-3 seconds then re-appear... u die for no reason and have to select team again.. nobody has taken a shot at me yet !!! i feel like the only violent guy on the level ... and cars/players sometimes get stuck in the floor or stuck to another vehicle with exactly the same position and angle so it looks like two cars in one.. not to mention the entering and exiting trouble with another online peep sometimes get stuck in a loop then car disappears / reappears and doesnt move etc etc.. im not trying to criticise this too much cos im really excited at the prospect of playing GTA3 Online i think modems are a bit too slow for this people :roll:

DSL 512:256 p31000ghz 512mbram 250gb hd :evil::twisted:

Ill try ur suggestion, this is what i found out same as you that somehow the connection is lost and only a tiny bt of position data manages to get thru before connection goes.

Its weird cos the MTA window says tht im connected all the time.

I even tried runnin my own server (-will it work?-) but still cant see others, i managed to have a propper chat tho for the first time.

Tht was my first experience of runnin a server ever, kinda easy.

for me car sync is smooth when its not moded car (when i use the lambargini from a mod that i installed it is very choppy ) ,the walking is ok but a bit laggy , the barehand fight just dont seems to work and the shooting is completly lagged u take damage sometime 2 minutes after som1 shot at u

and i got an error " execution error 7 or 9 not enough memory" sometime and that's crashing the sync :(

Well ive played a few more games now and have gotten into some uzi fights at least... if u use weapons cheat you can fire the guns but it has no impact server side ... like you use the rocket launcher on someone they fall to the ground for a few secs then all of a sudden u see them drive past u because they didnt get blasted on their pc :roll:

Now im just guessing but i think the uzi is the only weapons that is synced in the game ? or what about when u use the weapons cheat does that 'de-activate' the uzi at all ?

There is a long way to go i think with this mod but its looking great so far , if it had a faq detailing whats 'in' and whats been left out for now ppl like me wont be 2 disappointed :D

ps i think car damage and explosions is next thing to add in .. pretty dull without it thnx guys !!

I noticed another bug,, perhaps this should be in the bugs forum .. i go back on my word about the bridge being blocked :) i followed someone up and over the first bridge but noticed something weird happen at the load point (about halfway along) .. the guy in front of me disappeared but left the big blue arrow bouncing over his head.. and he remained invisible throughout staunton island ..

i got some problems, too...

i joined a server on which should be 3 guys... but i saw none of the players moving and even ase didnt list me as a player. on another server i saw one player in a car who didnt move or something. on the next server on guy was walking past some streets (walking looks great) but he didnt react as i began to shoot at him.. he continued to walk down the street against the next wall :lol: . when i shot him down, he was simply lying on the ground but not dissapearing (i think thats wrong? :? ). back on the other server ase did finally list me as a player but i still didnt see the others :( . btw i got dsl (16kb up and 96 down)... hope theres some way to fix this (i will try the reconnecting thing)