MTA doesn't work on WIN98 or WIN98SE

Guest ZALE

In my opinion 98 is still one of the most stable os'es unless you consider linux. It wouldnt be right for them to change a few lines of code in order to gain so many more people. Many people still use 98 and all the programs that are released are supported by it. Its definitly worth it.

Windows 98 stable? Are you on crack? I know of like 10 ways easy to crash it in under 2 seconds. Surely, you are thinking of 2000, or some other operating system..

On a side note, I think I've only crashed my XP box maybe 3-4 times tops. And thats because I was trying to. Normally it has an uptime of weeks between reboots. Seriously, buy a new harddrive or something and get XP Pro OEM (or at least Win2000) for like 150 insead of that ludicrous retail price.

Sorry but I'm not going to spend a crap load of money to upgrade my OS when these guys only have to change a little bit of their code to fix it. Thats just silly, and I personally still like windows 98, and by how many people have responded to this we are obviously a good percentage of the community, they'd be losing a fair amount of player support by NOT fixing the windows 98 bug.

Yeah, I have Windows XP, but it's not compatible with my computer / video card combination, so I'm not going to pony up the price for a new PC just to play one mod. That's ridiculous, breakpoint.

I just hope they hurry up with this fix.

Oh xp thats when the shit hits the fan.Xp is real unstable for some people.they cant even play some games they crash. Win98 can run anything.when the other os's have problems.windwos 98 was completed.the other os's are being updated

Xp may be unstable for some, but XP is perfectly stable for me, i would never go back, same games do crash in xp, some in 98, but when something crashes in 98 it takes your WHOLE system down 70% of the time freezing the comp and you haver to reboot, in XP, crash, no big deal, click on the end prog/dont send error, reload the prog and your fine.. i dont see how people can say 98 is more stable than xp

omfg Windows 98 more stable then XP, thats really funny indeed :lol:

I've used XP since it came out, it hasn't crashed ONCE.

True games designed before XP was thought of tend to crash, but then again so does DOS games in windows9x ..

U can't keep backwardcompability forever :?

XP is 900% more stable as win98. All new games work perfectly. Only games that are compatible with win95 or older don't always work. When I had 98 my computer crashed a lot, and now I have XP it almost never crashes. Upgrading to XP is worth the money, really

btw. Sweed u are totally right. And not to forget, when games crash and ur system doesn't that means that XP is stable but ur game is not,

• MTA Team

i just had a weird experience :

I have an old computer (166MMX) and i copied mta on it, i double clicked it, it didn't work. Why not, a problem with winsock (run time error 372) so i install everything and i launch mta again. Guess what MTA started on a Win98SE machine