Why has this happened

Guest DaChief32

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the PC is being stabbed and stabbed and stabbed. This so called Lame community is butchering the game to hell by breaking off into different sides. there are currently 39807539807125389513729083527890325172138905712390875890123758903278923732890147890237432198071239840731209 multiplayer mods for SA. shit is fxcking crazy. you fools need to chill out. whoever agrees holla this way.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the PC is being stabbed and stabbed and stabbed. This so called Lame community is butchering the game to hell by breaking off into different sides. there are currently 39807539807125389513729083527890325172138905712390875890123758903278923732890147890237432198071239840731209 multiplayer mods for SA. shit is fxcking crazy. you fools need to chill out. whoever agrees holla this way.

what do u mean by breaking into different sides?

are u saying that people should stop making so many mulitplayer mods for SA?

and that there is too many?

are u saying that MTA is the only mod u need for multiplayer and thats it?

im not agreeing or disagreeing i just need more specifics

competition in all things benifits the consumer.

and yes, many have tried and failed at making a multiplayer gta. the very first mention of a multiplayer gta3 was a hoax even. this time around there appeas to be a few serious attempts for san andreas. I hope they all succeed. More than 1 multiplayer will not harm the community. people dont have to pick one and stick to it exclusively.

the gta community could only benefit and grow larger.

but the whole competition thing is bullshit. something that has been said 23094830924032948091341029431290 times before :wink:

This so called Lame community is butchering the game to hell by breaking off into different sides.

it's not one big community or something :roll: and most multiplayer mods for SA won't even release an alpha or a beta version, let alone be a proper beta.

and even if there were 2390480932409329023 succesfull multiplayer mods, then each one would create it's own fanbase(some might be part of all fanbases).

besides it doesn't matter, i mean if you don't like the fact that there are 243092342309482390 projects out there, you're not forced to try them(if they release something), neither are you forced to watch their progress. in other words ignore them.

what do u mean by breaking into different sides?

are u saying that people should stop making so many mulitplayer mods for SA?

and that there is too many?

are u saying that MTA is the only mod u need for multiplayer and thats it?

im not agreeing or disagreeing i just need more specifics

when i say breaking off into different sides, i mean like these modder assholes. most of them are thinking. HEY! LETS MAKE ANOTHER MULTIPLAYER MOD! meanwile someone has allready beat them to the punch. and then there are tons after that who decide they want to do the same thing. then this little effect ends up making tons of different mods that all suck. instead, why dont they all combine into 1 team, it dont make sense because they are not making money off their products so if they put their heads together, they can release a masterpiece. there is WAY too many multiplayer mods for gta, all because the shitty community are all dickheads.

One reason that they all dont join up and make one mod is because they dont have the same views on which way the mod should go. Just because there is a bunch of teams making multiplayer mods doesnt mean they will all release an actual mod. Most will die out anyway, but good mp mods will still be released.

when i say breaking off into different sides, i mean like these modder assholes. most of them are thinking. HEY! LETS MAKE ANOTHER MULTIPLAYER MOD! meanwile someone has allready beat them to the punch. and then there are tons after that who decide they want to do the same thing. then this little effect ends up making tons of different mods that all suck. instead, why dont they all combine into 1 team, it dont make sense because they are not making money off their products so if they put their heads together, they can release a masterpiece. there is WAY too many multiplayer mods for gta, all because the shitty community are all dickheads.

Why merge to one team? That is very pointless. You would have many multiplayer mods to choose from, and not one that you may or may not like. Most of the teams don't merge because they have different methods and goals, so there is no point.

yeah.

honestly i don't see the problem, i mean chief you already replied to your own comment: most of them will suck( well that's just your opinion based on speculations); but at least most of them won't make it to a release. so why do you think that the community is going to fall apart because of that? only a few have a large fanbase(and since they have a large fanbase, their community won't fall apart either)...

why would any team team up with another team?(there are a few exceptions like gtac team merge with sa-mp team, but in general...).

i mean that's the whole point of starting their own project, they can do it with who they want to, and how they want to.

fuck those who dont agree with me. all the sa multplayer mods are gonna suck. the variety thing will never happen because like the guy above said, they will never make it to release. so if you dicks join together and just branch off into seperate teams under one main corperation, you could make that variety. but people are just going to continue to disagree with me.

:o those who dont agree with me. all the sa multplayer mods are gonna suck. the variety thing will never happen because like the guy above said, they will never make it to release. so if you dicks join together and just branch off into seperate teams under one main corperation, you could make that variety. but people are just going to continue to disagree with me.

Let me give you an example:

You start your own mp mod, and so do I. You do all your work in VB, and I do it in C++. You don't plan to release the SDK, and I do. You don't give the community many updates, while I do. You have different goals than me.

Would I want to merge with you? Hell no. All the teams do their work differently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • MTA Team

Let me tell you something.

At this moment there are about 10 MP mods in development for SA. In the end only 3 or maybe 4 will actually release something stable and playable. We have seen it for GTA3 and for VC.

There have been only 3 playable mods for GTA3 while i can think of more then 10 teams who developed such a mod. The same for VC. Most of the peple who start such a mod think : hey what they do is cool, i want to do it myself. And they start with no experience, with no goals and so on and after a couple of months they die. Mostly due to bad leadership and not enough decent coders.

When you look at SA there are only 3 mods you should look at. MTA, SA-MP and gtaT. All the others have a high potential of failure.

And why not merge those 3 teams? We have different goals, different ways of working things out. MTA is building an SDK with network capabilities, SA-MP is building an MP mod that is customizable and gtaT ... well draco has his unique way of doing things. An other difference is e.g. that gtaT gets coded in Delphi why MTA and SA-MP uses C++ so the coders of gtaT could never work on the other projects since they don't know the language.

Also, all 3 teams are build out of experienced people. A merger between two of them would mean that we would have to remove some experienced people from the combined project. There is only so much room in 1 team. And what will those coders do that get removed? Leave the GTA community? That would be bad, start a new MP mod? then your goal of 1 mod is gone, ... .

There have been 2 succesful mergers in the past. MTA with YaMM and SA-MP with GTA:C.