Freezz1

Question

I've created my first server just little over a while ago and I was wondering is there any way for me to implement better vehicle collisions between 2 players?

Example:

I'm in a car chasing another player in a car. I want to stop him so I try to perform a pit maneuver (ram my car into his car so that I would unsettle his car and spin him out)

What's happening now: I ram my car into his car, he drives off as if nothing happened and I spin out, it's as if his car wasn't even in that position. Bad collisions between 2 player cars, as if the server doesn't sync vehicles properly.

What I want to happen: I ram my car into his and he spins out. Good collisions between 2 players. Everything I see on my screen should appear the same on his screen. Server syncs vehicles properly and displays them as they are for all clients. 

I know that this is possible to do as I played on several servers that has this implemented.

Talk to me like to a complete newbie, so far I have only started my server and added createVehicle, noblur and hedit scripts.

4 answers to this question

• MTA Team

The higher the ping, the bigger the discrepancy between vehicle positions.

You could increase <vehext_percent> in mtaserver.conf, although that could cause other side effects. Initially, try something like:

<vehext_percent>40</vehext_percent>

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
7 hours ago, Freezz1 said:

Bad collisions between 2 player cars, as if the server doesn't sync vehicles properly.

Server syncs vehicles properly and displays them as they are for all clients. 

MTA already has state-of-the-art sync, better than most commercial games; it's really a latency-induced issue. You can only compensate it using the method suggested above, or else select your players based on geographical location, measuring packetloss by script and taking action if their network is too poor, etcetera. A pingkicker and FPS requirement is also a good idea if it's critical for your gamemode to do what you're describing flawlessly.

7 hours ago, ccw said:

The higher the ping, the bigger the discrepancy between vehicle positions.

You could increase <vehext_percent> in mtaserver.conf, although that could cause other side effects. Initially, try something like:

<vehext_percent>40</vehext_percent>

That seemed to do the trick. Thank you.