Custom Client

Dzsozi (h03)

Hi!

I would like to do a custom MTA client. Here's the reason why I was thinking about it: I would like to change the map from SA to a different one, I know it is possibble with scripting, but I would like to go a little bit deeper and replace it in the "engine" if you know what I mean. I was thinking about replacing the gta3.img files and other ipl and xml and such files with the default ones, but I don't know how I should start doing it. I never did something like this. How I could achieve that MTA would load a different gta3.img for example, with the modded objects and vehicles and such, so whenever I start my custom client, I could only join to my own server and it wouldn't download and load the custom map, since the downloaded custom client already has the files by default and it loads it first, instead of the SA map.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me out which way I should start looking forward to do it or how to do it. I know that the SA:MP client requires you to choose the default GTA SA folder, and it also puts some stuff in there, maybe an img file if I remember correctly, since SAMP uses some custom objects.

Also, that way (with the custom client/launcher) it may be possibble to add extra models/objects to the game in MTA? It would be nice if someone more experienced scripter or programmer could provide some information in connection with this.

EDIT: I am also interested if using custom img and definition files for coordinates is more PC and FPS friendly than just using simple lua scripts in MTA SA to replace objects.

Edited by Dzsozi (h03)

After the first time client joins a server, files are downloaded to the clients hard drive until you edit them again..
Or you could just create your own launcher or installer in VB.Net or another language to permanently or temporarily replace/install files until the application closes again..
Idk what you're asking seems kind of useless considering the options MTA has in place already for mod loading.

On 2018. 02. 22. at 00:32, JustinMTA said:

After the first time client joins a server, files are downloaded to the clients hard drive until you edit them again..
Or you could just create your own launcher or installer in VB.Net or another language to permanently or temporarily replace/install files until the application closes again..
Idk what you're asking seems kind of useless considering the options MTA has in place already for mod loading.

First I was thinking about a custom launcher as well, and I wanted to do that but I don't know how.

But what do you mean by it is useless? Can I do everything without making a custom launcher or anything, just by modifying MTA settings or what? Could you explain it a little bit better?

13 hours ago, Dzsozi (h03) said:

First I was thinking about a custom launcher as well, and I wanted to do that but I don't know how.

But what do you mean by it is useless? Can I do everything without making a custom launcher or anything, just by modifying MTA settings or what? Could you explain it a little bit better?

#1. You can edit the way objects stream into view.
#2. I'm pretty sure there's ways to remove the default GTA map also, but there's no point in my opinion because default GTA objects require no extra download.
#3. If you're good enough, you could use EngineRestoreModel and EngineRestoreCOL and EngineLoadDFF and EngineLoadTXD depending on how your server transfers players from city to city, load/restore models depending on which city they're playing in.. You could essentially add unlimited custom cities considering the objects would only change on the clients screen, so the players in other cities wouldn't be effected if they all used the same barrel object for a wall or something.

• 2 months later...