Widescreen Fix for MTA

Blingu

Hi, MTA does not allow using modifications such as cleo mods, asi mods and others. It has advantages like preventing potential cheaters, but it has also disadvantages such as prohibition of using helpful modifications that players used on singleplayer mode or SAMP for years. One of them is the widescreen fix made by thirteenag, it decreases the hud in-game, so it doesn't take a half of your screen. Often people playing on laptops with resolutions like 1366x768 aim this problem, but also desktop users. Unfortunately it isn't possible to use this modification on MTA, so it would be very nice if developers would try to code this option and implement it. The opportunity of switching to widescreen mode would be just available in MTA's video settings.

Here are some screenshots showing the difference, both were made on the same resolution:

9wNjlII.jpg

qmdvium.jpg

Edited by Blingu
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6.04.2018 at 20:04, FernandoMTA said:

You can usi .asi in MTA as far as I'm aware.

You can't, MTA locked the possibility of injecting an ASI file to the game.

So, would it be possible for MTA developers to make an option in the settings for enabling a smaller HUD? On some servers it looks really bad with the normal HUD size, especially on smaller resolutions (like laptops).

9 hours ago, ccw said:

The problem only occurs in widescreen resolutions?

I think it cannot be called a problem, it's just the default size of the HUD. In most cases (especially on RP servers) it just takes the half of the screen away if you include the chat. My suggestion is about adding an option to Video Settings called something like "Enable Widescreen", so the HUD is the same size like in the second picture in the spoiler. As you can see in the second picture the HUD is smaller, but it's still good visible and doesn't take that much place like the first one. 

There's an option that allows you to adjust the proportions of the HUD to the screen, but it gets just a little bit smaller, still being big.

Edited by Blingu
  • Discord Moderators

If these huds on those RP servers are not the default ones i don't think that the MTA Dev team can do anything with it.

(Actually there is an implementatio for this, which regulates the dimensions of drawn dxs)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...