[HELP] Staff members security

Mrzeerox

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

If your staff system works with ACL's, you can use https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Authorized_Serial_Account_Protection and if it doesn't you can easily make it to, or set all staff accounts to a newly created ACL to then enable it for that (without said ACL needing to carry any default admin rights, incase it's handled by your custom admin system)

Open mtaserver.conf and find <auth_serial_groups> and change the ACL group name below as neccesary. If the line doesn't exist, then add it

<auth_serial_groups>Admin</auth_serial_groups>

Now, every time a member of that ACL tries to login, it has to be from a PC (serial) they used previously. If it isn't, you'll have to write "authserial [accountname]" in server console first before they'll be able to login.

And ofcourse you can create a script that locks specified accounts to known serials but authserial method is more convenient, unless absolutely neccesary not to (ex. when you're using accountsystem that has no ties to MTA hardcoded account system).

@alvarkiis

On 2/12/2018 at 06:52, Dutchman101 said:

If your staff system works with ACL's, you can use https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Authorized_Serial_Account_Protection and if it doesn't you can easily make it to, or set all staff accounts to a newly created ACL to then enable it for that (without said ACL needing to carry any default admin rights, incase it's handled by your custom admin system)

Open mtaserver.conf and find <auth_serial_groups> and change the ACL group name below as neccesary. If the line doesn't exist, then add it

<auth_serial_groups>Admin</auth_serial_groups>

Now, every time a member of that ACL tries to login, it has to be from a PC (serial) they used previously. If it isn't, you'll have to write "authserial [accountname]" in server console first before they'll be able to login.

And ofcourse you can create a script that locks specified accounts to known serials but authserial method is more convenient, unless absolutely neccesary not to (ex. when you're using accountsystem that has no ties to MTA hardcoded account system).

@alvarkiis

Thanks for replaying, but my problem is, one of my server admin uses gaming place at city, it's not hes own pc, there can be like millions of users more, so i can't just set admin on hes serial, because some random guy can join my server from that pc