MTA 1.5.5 Splash Screen Crash

Holger

Question

Greetings, everyone.

So, a little backstory first: Prior to reinstalling Windows and moving personal files from an old failing hard drive to a new one, both MTA and SA ran completely fine, never encountered this issue in my 4+ years of playing MTA.

Onto the issue: It's impossible to run MTA. After the loading screen [stop playing with yourself] the game simply closes with no error messages, sometime I can even see a black screen for a second after the splash screen and then it shuts down completely. PS: SA Singleplayer runs fine.

I've tried to: 

- Reinstall both GTA and MTA.

- Remove all dx9 files from the GTA folder.

- Delete GTA settings file.

- Changing DEP config into allowing both exe's with no success.

- Allowing full access to MTA installation folder.

MTADiag: https://pastebin.mtasa.com/157458411

PS 2: I can't see to open AMD Catalyst Control Center, but I have the installer which allowed me to update my display driver and some other stuff. (This MTA issue still happened prior to driver updates)

PS 3: No mods installed at all... I've always used a non-official digital copy to play, which always worked flawlessly. (I do own a physical copy for my old PS2).

I would really appreciate all the help I can get with this, I've seen other users with the exact same problem as mine and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel :( 

1 answer to this question

Just want to give an update to this issue, so those on the same boat as I was can be aware: It seems that what was causing MTA to not load at all, aswell as AMD Catalyst Control Center not booting up,  was a previous Windows 10 update. After allowing Windows 10 to auto-update, it provided me with this version: https://support.microsoft.com/pt-pt/help/4058258/windows-10-update-kb4058258

No longer requesting assistance, thank you for your time!