Is mta vc site going down? SCARED like Hell.

Hi,

There were some people coming on my server that mtavc site is going down today . Is it true and if so will it be back ?

Also can u quickly release the patch for mta 0.51 so that when site is down all the servers dont go empty cause then the clients wont be able to querry the site . So i am really worried any admin or moderator here? and when is that major issue of the clients gonaa be fixed ?

K i guess i will still see this site tommorow. Plus about 5.5 mta team please fix that client how long would it take to fix that querring the site by clients bug ? is it that hard , cause i saw somewhere that u guys already know of the problem and solution it would be nice if only that major bug is gone , cause if this site is gone so are all mta gamers cause of that bug only. :cry::cry:

K i guess i will still see this site tommorow. Plus about 5.5 mta team please fix that client how long would it take to fix that querring the site by clients bug ? is it that hard , cause i saw somewhere that u guys already know of the problem and solution it would be nice if only that major bug is gone , cause if this site is gone so are all mta gamers cause of that bug only. :cry::cry:

0.5.5 is basically not going to be released. They haven't officially cancelled it, but SA is the prority right now, so you'll stick with 0.5 until the SA race mod. I hope i'm wrong though.

By the fact that if this site gets hacked and goes down forget everyone that u will play mta cause mta client sucks right now with that major site query bug without this site there will be no mta , so i think that should be priority for mta team.

Hmm there exits duplicate mr . bump also ? i thought he was the only one on the mta team . And does the new vcmp has same problem as old mta client as mentioned here of not been able to connect if this site was down. Plus is there a support forum for vcmp anywhere , cause i see boats on the road. :lol::lol:

Well VC-MP is unrelated here, but it isn't anything like MTA.

Yaa start a new thread if u want to discuss vcmp cause this topic is about something else. Plus i tried the server in ur signature for vcmp but no one seems to be there maybe cause there is no EYE plugin for vcmp .

And is the problem solved is this site not going down , well atleast its up for the last 2 days.

Crash on client startup

This might be causes by being unable to download the welcome message. This should only happen if the MTA site is down, or you aren't connected to the internet. If this is the case, it should try to download it for about 15 seconds - before it gives the crash. It might be possible to fix this by adding "DontGetLatest=1" on the second line of your "mta.ini" in your MTA folder (under "[Main]"). Alternatively, try creating a blank file called "mtaclientwelcome.dat" in your MTA folder - this is probably only relevant if this is the first time you've run the MTA 0.5 client.

Update: We've managed to replicate, confirm and fix this bug. Whenever we release a general patch, this will be fixed. In the meantime, ensure mtaclient.exe can access the internet through your firewall, or for on a LAN you can change the following value in mta.ini .

DontGetLatest=1

Thanks chrome now i dont have to worry if site goes down. Now everything is solved even when site is down , most people like me dont know the solution and will try to spread the word if this site is dead. And ransom u never know who might wana get rid of u guys and hire some hackers. its internet no site is 100% safe and one should always be prepared for the worst.

This isn't exactly a Microsoft website :roll:

Yup thats what i mean its not Miscrosoft site so there wont be backup for it nor are there enough people looking after the site , so chances of going down are more than that of microsoft , cause there they have people working 24/7 looking after server.