bunch o' downloads

That's warez unless you have permission of the copyright owner of those files.

you always ask the mod dev if you can dl his mod?

That doesn't need to be asked, cause the mod put the file there in the first place then you got permission to download it. But this is a much diffrent thing, this guy post someone else mod on another site, that isint allowed unless he actually has permission from the one who has copyrighted it.

And maybe the mod developer doesn't want his mod linked on this forum ? So he technically needs permission to post the file here. Windows made "Windows Vista Beta1" and now many sites put Vista up for download and that's warez.

I know no one cares about internet laws around here, but it's diffrent rules on diffrent contries, but if the guy lives in same country as you and you break the rules by putting download links to his files, and you don't have permission or use his pictures then he has the rights to sue you :P .

That's warez unless you have permission of the copyright owner of those files.

you always ask the mod dev if you can dl his mod?

That doesn't need to be asked, cause the mod put the file there in the first place then you got permission to download it. But this is a much diffrent thing, this guy post someone else mod on another site, that isint allowed unless he actually has permission from the one who has copyrighted it.

And maybe the mod developer doesn't want his mod linked on this forum ? So he technically needs permission to post the file here. Windows made "Windows Vista Beta1" and now many sites put Vista up for download and that's warez.

I know no one cares about internet laws around here, but it's diffrent rules on diffrent contries, but if the guy lives in same country as you and you break the rules by putting download links to his files, and you don't have permission or use his pictures then he has the rights to sue you :P .

You're very wrong man. The Windows Vista download isn't a good example. Vista is being HOSTED on those places without MS's permission. These are just links to the mods, and the files aren't actually being hosted on the MTA server. There's a bit of a difference. Linking to these mod sites is just like saying, "Here's a good mod site *link here*" There's no difference really, except for the fact that he's posting some links to mods that he likes. The files are hosted on a server that he agreed to have them on, and they are being distributed on that site. You still have to go there to download them. These are just links to those areas on that site. Plus, this isn't a commercial product, these are freely distributed mods.

You're logic is clearly flawed.

Design, layout and all images are Copyright of Vendetta, Psy and GTA-SanAndreas.com.

Please read our Terms And Conditions for more information.

Terms And Conditions

1.The full site design is copyright of Vendetta and GTA-SanAndreas.com. All layout images were created by Vendetta, and no one else has permission to use any of the layout images from this site.

2.All of the pages on the site were coded from scratch by Psy, and therefore are copyright of Psy and GTA-SanAndreas.com. The pages must not be reproduced elsewhere. If you want to use the content, use it, don't just rip it from my page.

3.All of the content on the pages has been created through Magazine Articles, Rockstar Games, Online Articles and some Fan Made stuff. While the sources we used for our information are pretty much free, it is strongly suggested that if you wish to use any, you take what you need and place a link back to this site.

4.This is a fan site with no ties to Rockstar Games, apart from being a part of the GTA Webring. Please remember this when emailing as it starts to get annoying after the 30th person has asked if we'll put something in the game.

5.This is a Fan Site about Grand Theft Auto, a game for mature audiences only. If you're under the minimum required age to play it then go out and do something stupid and blame it on GTA, it's your own fault! Also note this site is not responsible for encouraging violence! Mainly because games don't encourage violence. Stupid people do.

6.The site's forums are powered by Invision Power Board.

The site uses a news script from http://www.ep-dev.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this IS warez according To the terms and condition #2:

The pages must not be reproduced elsewhere. If you want to use the content, use it, don't just rip it from my page.

Okey you're right, If he isin't hosting the files he isin't breaking a law. I don't know if he hosting it or someone else do :-P I just say if he does host it then he's breaking it otherwise he has right to post links to it.

But if you upload files to you're site, i mean clan site or whatever and you upload them you gotta ask the creator or copyrighter of those files. even if they're free you cant put them there unless you put a link from you're site to their download archive :P