Views

Evo

This is something thats realy small, but what be nifty to see.

I always like going into first person view when I ride passanger in mta, except its the drivers first person, I think you guys should try and add something small to add different fp views for each passanger seat.

Nothing big, but it would be neat.

..o wait, and mouse viewing, so you can turn your guys head while in a car with the mouse to look around and out the windows..thatsa little much, but it would be neto.

I don't like the full-aim while in car idea. It'll allow you to be almost as powerful as on foot and the car will protect you, but even though we might not do it, a Blue mod might do it.

Imagine a person in a car aiming with a combat shotgun. lol. But if you are chased it would be cool if you could driveby the car thats following you.

EDIT: I don't like car-killers and i'm sure not to like ppl who driveby me and run away with it.

They should leave all the weapon damages alone until they release the SDK. Then people who runs servers can change them as they please. The MTA team already fucked up the weapons in VC, its better if they dont touch SA's weapons so they dont fuck up again. (no offense MTA Team)

They should leave all the weapon damages alone until they release the SDK. Then people who runs servers can change them as they please. The MTA team already :o up the weapons in VC, its better if they dont touch SA's weapons so they dont :o up again. (no offense MTA Team)

Fuckin agreed ;)

They should leave all the weapon damages alone until they release the SDK. Then people who runs servers can change them as they please. The MTA team already :o up the weapons in VC, its better if they dont touch SA's weapons so they dont :o up again. (no offense MTA Team)

The SDK won't neccessarily be neccessary to change weapon damage. The SDK is meant to give programmers a possibility develop own mods or do major changes to other mods, not fine-tune existing mods. The deathmatch mod released by us could for example have a configuration file at serverside saying how much damage each weapon takes so it's easily configurable for everyone (whereas 1.0 is normal damage, 0.5 is half-damage, and 2 is double-damage).

if this sort of thing was left to a serve configuration file, would it be easy to make it so said file can be stored on non-local locations (ie: a file on a site)

Hmm, I'm not sure I get your question, but I'll try. The configuration file(s) will be in the server directory (ie weapons.conf). If you want to share your configurationfile with other admins, you can upload it somewhere, so other admins can download it and put it in their server directory. I don't know if we'll support server "profiles".

if this sort of thing was left to a serve configuration file, would it be easy to make it so said file can be stored on non-local locations (ie: a file on a site)

Hmm, I'm not sure I get your question, but I'll try. The configuration file(s) will be in the server directory (ie weapons.conf). If you want to share your configurationfile with other admins, you can upload it somewhere, so other admins can download it and put it in their server directory. I don't know if we'll support server "profiles".

Yea, what he means is that, can you set the server to a link where he has uploaded the edited files, so that server runners don't have to keep the files on their computer.

indeed. so the server can look not only in a certain directory for a script file, but you could choose the dir/url of the scripts location. kind of an insignificant request, but it could make sharing scripts much easier, and it could be useful for server owners.

i doubt that'll be included with out mod.

However in your own you could do that (when we release the SDK). We may provide some code later for retreiving files from an internet site to do that. But we'd like to focus on making it fun first :-P

Kent