WINDOWS, MAC, OR LINUX? TELL US YOUR FAVORITE!!

paul527

Whats your favorite Operating System  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite Operating System

• Windows
    • Macintosh
    • Linux
    • Some other OS

Favorite: Windows

Current: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Etc: my dad has Windows 98 and ME

Reason: Windows is easyER then Mac for me!

i edit this so i could say if there is another topic out there like this tell me

and to add a poll

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a useless topic imo..........ur forgetting a lot of OS's liek Linux etc. :P windows and mac OS aren't the only one :wink:

Favorite? Non, because i haven't got a mac it isn't to compare :wink: but between windows and linux, then i will go for Linux :P

Current: Win 2K4/XP, Gentoo Linux

Etc: non :P

a useless topic imo..........ur forgetting a lot of OS's liek Linux etc. :P windows and mac OS aren't the only one :wink:

Favorite? Non, because i haven't got a mac it isn't to compare :wink: but between windows and linux, then i will go for Linux :P

Current: Win 2K4/XP, Gentoo Linux

Etc: non :P

there you go, i changed the topic name for you.

and people, dont forget to say if ur running Windows on Linux!

fav: Linux

Current: Windows XP PRO SP2 & linux. ( split my hard drive )

Its shame windows threw there money about and eventually beat Linux. In my onion Linux is far better in stability then windows. Just to let u know windows stole Mac’s idea of using a "mice" to navigate around desktop :shock: .

Mac isn't a bad platform, it's only very incompatible with what most people use and make applications for as the architecture is different (ie, a different set of CPU instructions). And as I'm sure most of you know, what's best isn't neccessarily what most people use. There are plenty of examples on that.

And btw, to clear things up a little, a Mac doesn't neccessarily have to run Mac-OS (ie, it's easy to compile Linux for Mac).

As a point of interest, Mac has changed to Intel not so long ago (replacing the current Motorola CPU's), so the future of Macintosh may not be so incompatible as we know Macintosh for today.

Current: Windows XP Pro

Maybe Try: Red Hat & Debian = a sort of windows, gonna try that one some time, but for now i have Windows cause i don't know much about Linux, but Red Hat & Debian says to be easier to figure out.

Mac isin't bad, only cause you guys havn't tried it out doesn't mean it's bad, mac made the first graphical operativesystem then windows stole their idea and made a exakt same with the new technology graphical interface, still Apple has made many good mac systems and it's nothing bad about mac still thought i'm more used to Windows.

The problem with Macs is that Apple is the only manufacturer of them and so they don't see large retail distribution. If they'd let other manufacturers make their own hardware for the Mac OS, they'd have a much larger market share.

On the other hand, one of the reasons why Macs are stable is because they don't have to cater for the millions of possible potentially-conflicting hardware configurations.

Edited by Guest

yes Jon is right (he always is an i dunno why)

Windows supports ALL sort of mouses this allows ppl to have more choices of a mouse that is comfortable to them:

(appeal,design,MORE BUTTONS OH MY!!,software,FREAKY COLORS OH MY!!, and mabye they like a cheap mouse)

With Mac making its own mouses you get:

less choices,

they can set the price high and u cant do nothing about it,

a more stable hardware dealy-bopper (that's a good thing),

no right clicker!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

100% compatible crappy mouses

this makes Mac like a monopoly

yes Jon is right (he always is an i dunno why)

Windows supports ALL sort of mouses this allows ppl to have more choices of a mouse that is comfortable to them:

(appeal,design,MORE BUTTONS OH MY!!,software,FREAKY COLORS OH MY!!, and mabye they like a cheap mouse)

With Mac making its own mouses you get:

less choices,

they can set the price high and u cant do nothing about it,

a more stable hardware dealy-bopper (that's a good thing),

no right clicker!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

100% compatible crappy mouses

this makes Mac like a monopoly

Apple have just released MightMouse which has 4 buttons I think, but you can plug in almost any USB mouse and it should work (albeit without some of its more complex functions).

I was thinking more of the fact that in order to get the Mac OS you HAVE to buy your machine from Apple. Even though they are switching to Intel chips in the next year or so, they've included a special chip on the motherboard that prevents you from installing the OS on a non-Apple machine.

People will try their hardest to crack Mac OS for Intel so that it works on non-Apple machines and I hope that they succeed and show Apple that there is a market for people who want the Mac OS but do not necessarily want an Apple PC.

Edited by Guest
yes because Mac wants to get the most money as posibble

I make Mac sound evil dont I?

but its true, they need money

They're doing alright for money. They spend more on research than Microsoft does. I think they want market share more than profit.

Edited by Guest