WINDOWS, MAC, OR LINUX? TELL US YOUR FAVORITE!!

paul527

Whats your favorite Operating System  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite Operating System

• Windows
    • Macintosh
    • Linux
    • Some other OS

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used:

PC-DOS

MS-DOS 4 > whatever version is in XP (7?)

Windows 3.1 (briefly)

Windows 95

Windows 98

Windows Me

Windows XP

Red Hat 9

Mac OS X

I'm pretty much forced to use Mac OS X for work, which is a great OS so it doesn't bother me at all. Apple consumer hardware is expensive, yes, but the pro/enterprise stuff is WAY cheaper than the competition - e.g. Apple just bought a color grading app that normally costs $20k and included it in FCP 6 for FREE. Xserves offer fantastic performance in a 1U case, and I'm in love with Xserve RAIDs (the config utility is superb), even though they're in need of an update.

I use OS X for most things like email and web browsing because it's a lot easier and low maintenance. I use RH9 for a couple of apps at work because I have to use them and there aren't any ports to other OS-es but overall I wasn't that impressed with it. It was very fussy with hardware, and once I worked out which components were causing problems, replaced them and then started it, I couldn't really see what it was offering me that OS X wasn't. Maybe it was just the apps I was running. If I was running a server I might have thought differently.

And I use Windows XP for gaming, but MTA's the only game I play.

Technically my copy of XP is legit.... well, it came with my crappy compaq laptop, that died 3 days after i got it, and after lots of stuffing around with that POS that kept breaking down, i built myself a PC, and used that disc, then installed it on Mum's PC, then now its on my new PC..... so, its a Legit copy, running on a few to many PC's.

Ok I like Windows end of my story.

I'ved use'd these operating systems:

Windows 3.1

Windows 95

Windows 98/98SE

Windows ME

Windows 2000

Windows XP Home (SP1/SP2)/Pro (SP1/SP2)/MCE 2005.

Windows Vista Home Premium/Ultimate

And some Mac's at an Apple store which was very disappointing, and i've used Linux for some iPod stuff and its very boring.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

it Mainly is console based, but you can run Various different GUI's on it...

Lets see..... heres a Screenie of Mandriva Linux running the KDE Graphical User Interface

Mandriva2006.jpg

ZOMG!

i thinks you need to doo a little research on the subject yourself.

I was replying to SamB

And anyway, that's its STOCK setting, you are almost UNLIMATED in what you can change, and how you can make it look, Don't like the plainness? then Spruce it up...

This image is NOTHING compared to what you CAN do to the GUI. (also its the Gnome GUI (i think) Highly Modified)

http://dzeni.linux.org.ba/screenshots/Screenshot.png

(its a link to keep the thread Dial-up Friendly.

All i can say, it looks better than XP, and Vista.

Follow this link to do your own research and stop being so Box-Minded...

http://www.ramsinks.com/linux/

at that link there is information that EVERYONE who dosent already know should read.

and another thing, the simpler the better, the less visual crap, the faster and more stable the PC will run.

Just go, be a smart person and read. http://www.ramsinks.com/linux/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lets see, reasons to have linux, Stability, Performance, Security... the 3 things that microsoft don't understand.

-------------------------------------------

Well, if you are that stupid to even think that vista runs faster than linux, then you arent worth talking to, and you dont belong near a computer.

i am now not going to reply to you again, because its not worth talking to you.

Ok I like Windows end of my story.

We already know that :roll:

I'ved use'd these operating systems:

Windows 3.1

Windows 95

Windows 98/98SE

Windows ME

Windows 2000

Windows XP Home (SP1/SP2)/Pro (SP1/SP2)/MCE 2005.

Windows Vista Home Premium/Ultimate

You've never used anything other than Windows products, so you won't be able to correctly compare Windows to any other operating systems

And some Mac's at an Apple store which was very disappointing

You have to have actually used an operating system, for at least 1 day before you can say anything about it.

and i've used Linux for some iPod stuff and its very boring.

Linux isn't a roller-coaster ride, it shouldn't be exciting, its not suppost to be fun. Linux is an open source operating system, thats great for hosting stuff, etc.

Hrmmm, lets deconstruct that comment.....

Most People..... lets see,

Most people use the internet,

Most people play games,

Most people use Email,

Most people play Media (Audio, Videos, Images)

Most people use some kind of Chat application....

ALL of those things can be done on Linux, and hell, with WINE it can now run 99% of all Windows applications.

Most people need a Stable & Secure operating System, that is one thing that Linux does BETTER than Windows.

"Why would you NOT switch"

Ah ha, another wrong assumption.....

No, they don't, Most people use windows because it either came with their computer, or they just don't know that there are other alternatives...

or they are just fan boys, like yourself.

And seriously, if i have to explain that to you, then you are as dumb as you look, and really need to do some RESEARCH for yourself.