GTA SA V1.01 Patch

There Goes My Hot Coffee .lmao

No More Hot Coffee

Rockstar Games have quietly released a patch for the PC Version of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas which completely removes the Hot Coffee modification.

The "Hot Coffee" scenes were not intended to be part of the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas experience. If your copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC has been altered by the unauthorized "Hot Coffee" download circulating on the Internet, or if you wish to prevent your version from being so altered, follow the appropriate link below to download and open the "No More Hot Coffee" game patch. Then follow the simple installation instructions.

- Rockstar Games

The link is the interestingly named NoMoreHotCoffee.com. Make sure you download the right patch for your version of the game. That is, providing you want to install it anyway... Going by what the website says, the patch doesn't seem to fix any of the numerous bugs in the game, it just removes the previously hidden mini-game, however included in the readme after downloading it is a list of fixes (which can also be viewed Here).

patch fixes:

- Issue fixed on machines where the OS has been updated (one OS installed over top of another) and has 2 registry keys that point to the users "My Documents" folder (we incorrectly used to assume the Win2000 folder, now correctly uses the last installed OS folder) - users know this as "user account period bug".

- Crash when entering advanced display options with only 32 meg of video ram (32 meg of video ram is not supported and will only allow use of 640*480 in 16 and 32 bit. At this resolution it is likely you will see the "Black Roads" LOD problem). We do NOT however disallow machines with 32 meg of video ram from running GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.

- Crash when entering advanced display options on a dual monitor machine after :- starting game on primary monitor in maximum resolution, exiting, starting again in maximum resolution on secondary monitor. Secondary monitor maximum resolution had to be greater than maximum resolution of primary monitor.

- Destroyed cars now are correct colour.

- Dirty cars now able to get clean.

- Numpad 5 key is now mappable when re-defining controls.

- Issue on all machines where certain collisions caused parts of the audio system to crash (sound effects, cutscene audio - only radio keeps going) - users know this as "Rain / Thunderstorm bug".

- Improvements to DVD streaming.

- Audio problems in interior / exterior transitions and getting in / out of cars fixed.

- Some fixes to ensure reverb is not present at certain save points.

- Improvements to dance game timings.

- Crash occuring when using "user radio files" while the frame limiter is disabled.

[thought id add them to the first post - rebel]

Just so everyone knows, mods WORK on this version.

EDIT:

Here are the game files it contains:

eax.dll (not changed)

gta_sa.exe (it is considerably smaller, 8.7 MB)

ogg.dll (not changed)

stream.ini (not changed)

vorbis.dll (not changed)

vorbisFile.dll (not changed)

main.scm (not changed)

script.img (not changed)

All but one are not changed according to the date and file size.

All progress on what's in it will be made here.

#1 - Anything that hooks onto the EXE (d3d9.dll) will f*ck up the game.

#2 - The menu is now different

#3 - The gta_sa.set will be resetted. So any changes you did before will have to be changed again. And all old gta_sa.set will not be compatible.

#4 - My All In One Mod for San Andreas seems to work perfectly in the game. Haven't tested the "Hot Coffee" part of my mod yet.

#5 - Certain cars stay clean only and certain other cars stay dirty only. Wtf?

#6 - The black roads glitch is still there!

#7 - Dancing is improved. It is now easier to get a good and a few perfect.

#8 - A charred car won't reflect the sun anymore. So it'll look charred.

#9 - Motion blur is improved.

#10 - Escalators still won't make CJ move.

#11 - There are still no phases of the moon.

#12 - Distant cars having no specular lighting is still there!

#13 - MOST MODS STILL WORK IN THE GAME!

#14 - Old saved games still work.

DLL hooks will work fine, but all kinds of things accessing it's memory directly probably won't. I haven't tried testing it with the current version of Blue yet, but I can say it's 98% it won't work because of all changes to the exe. I don't know if we want to delay the first release to support it.

DLL hooks will work fine, but all kinds of things accessing it's memory directly probably won't. I haven't tried testing it with the current version of Blue yet, but I can say it's 98% it won't work because of all changes to the exe. I don't know if we want to delay the first release to support it.

Is it possible to delay the release to make it compatible with this patch? Once more noobs come in, they will ask "why can't my version work?". That should be avoided, unless you host the 1.0 exe and let others download it, but I don't think rockstar would like that.

Don't bother, i'm not patching my game as i'm sure many aren't either, it seems to me they have merely released this patch to satisfy the media complaints.

The change log seems to be a load of rubbish.

this patch is only usefull for parents who think their kids might acces some hot coffee. If you want to see it yourself you don't downlaod the mod... so there's not much reason for this. Only if some bugs were fixed it was of any use. hmm did I hear somewhere that this patch fixed the sound bug? I didn't read it in the release note...

this patch is only usefull for parents who think their kids might acces some hot coffee. If you want to see it yourself you don't downlaod the mod... so there's not much reason for this. Only if some bugs were fixed it was of any use. hmm did I hear somewhere that this patch fixed the sound bug? I didn't read it in the release note...

- Issue fixed on machines where the OS has been updated (one OS installed over top of another) and has 2 registry keys that point to the users "My Documents" folder (we incorrectly used to assume the Win2000 folder, now correctly uses the last installed OS folder) - users know this as "user account period bug".

- Crash when entering advanced display options with only 32 meg of video ram (32 meg of video ram is not supported and will only allow use of 640*480 in 16 and 32 bit. At this resolution it is likely you will see the "Black Roads" LOD problem). We do NOT however disallow machines with 32 meg of video ram from running GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.

- Crash when entering advanced display options on a dual monitor machine after :- starting game on primary monitor in maximum resolution, exiting, starting again in maximum resolution on secondary monitor. Secondary monitor maximum resolution had to be greater than maximum resolution of primary monitor.

- Destroyed cars now are correct colour.

- Dirty cars now able to get clean.

- Numpad 5 key is now mappable when re-defining controls.

- Issue on all machines where certain collisions caused parts of the audio system to crash (sound effects, cutscene audio - only radio keeps going) - users know this as "Rain / Thunderstorm bug".

- Improvements to DVD streaming.

- Audio problems in interior / exterior transitions and getting in / out of cars fixed.

- Some fixes to ensure reverb is not present at certain save points.

- Improvements to dance game timings.

- Crash occuring when using "user radio files" while the frame limiter is disabled.

Does anyone know if the new SA releases will have a different exe as well? Or will it just have the files removed?

If it has a different exe i would guess that is going to cause loads of problems..

Indeed! Hopefully it's the same exe as in this patch.

Is it possible to delay the release to make it compatible with this patch? Once more noobs come in, they will ask "why can't my version work?". That should be avoided, unless you host the 1.0 exe and let others download it, but I don't think rockstar would like that.

Yeah but the majority of people will be using the standard 1.0 version until the new M release comes out. Remember that the first version of MTA:SA is a kind of "preview" version.

Edited by Guest

Yeah but the majority of people will be using the standard 1.0 version until the new M release comes out. Remember that the first version of MTA:SA is a kind of "preview" version.

If they edit the game so it doesn't have the hot coffee and I'd also assume these new bugfixes will be in the new release of the game then the new release would be v1.01 also, right? Man this is confusing. I'm going to install the patch so it fixes the sound issue but if I do I won't be able to play MTA when it's ready? :(

If they edit the game so it doesn't have the hot coffee and I'd also assume these new bugfixes will be in the new release of the game then the new release would be v1.01 also, right? Man this is confusing. I'm going to install the patch so it fixes the sound issue but if I do I won't be able to play MTA when it's ready? :(

You can backup your gta-sa.exe file, so when you wish to play MTA when it's ready, just exchange the files.

lets hope they wont rush it and it will not be an utter rush like GTAT San Andreas. A finished product is all we want :P

what up with the "finished"? you'd better use the word, "stable" :P or properly tested :wink:

i mean, for example the first MTA SA won't have foot sync, etc. so in that case, it would be far from finished as well.

but it's just matters how you interpreter the word "finished" :P

Edited by Guest

The patch is, well, retarded. It only makes things more complicated, troubling, time-consuming, and limited for gamehackers (like the MTA and SA-MP teams)... tons of research went down the drain.

Let's just hope the patch doesn't get all that popular, it's not like it has anything groundbreakingly new. I'd take 1.0 over 1.01 anyday.