MTA won't freak out with Visual Mods installed? (Has Pics)

I can't see any downside with texture modifications, but any geometric changes (that are outside the mod's knowledge) would be catched by the cheating prevention because they will caused trouble with the sync as other people won't see the changes.

will mod devs be able to specify which files are checked and which not?

i mean for example if i made a mod and wanted all to be checked exept the crosshair texture

Ofcourse! MTA will only check the mod dll and make sure it's MD5 hash, version and name matches the server (the mod can be protected against everything but itself). It's up to the mod developer to implement cheat detection and verification of the rest of the files.

Also, forgot to say. A mod can redirect files so it doesn't have to change the GTA dir (which is a bad idea). Lets say the mod wants to change a few fonts and thus changing models/font.txd, it could put the modified font.txd in mta/mods/mymod/gtafiles/models/font.txd, then make MTA redirect models/font.txd to mta/mods/mymod/gtafiles/models/font.txd, and whenever GTA tries to load that file, MTA will make sure it actually loads the modified file in the mod folder. Ofcourse a mod could add a verification to the font.txd in the mod directory to prevent users changing them. This could also be done with handling.cfg for example, allowing a mod to have unique handling without changing any GTA files if wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, I take precautions before i install mods just to make sure it could work with MTA:SA and SA-MP :)

I just hope MTA:SA Works with the white CJ mod :(

no racism

That isnt racism and you cant gimme rules because u have 2 warnings :P

It happens to be related to racism, and atleast I think it is.

[offtopic]He may have 2 warnings, but you happened to be banned once.[/offtopic]

• 3 weeks later...