Acceleration on Helicopters (Maverick)

benwilkins

I have tried the code below, and it just doesn't do anything on the maverick. I do the same code on a car, and it works perfectly as it should. 

I am trying to increase the acceleration and/or max speed of a maverick.

setVehicleHandling(maverick, "maxVelocity", 10000)
    setVehicleHandling(maverick, "engineAcceleration", 10000)

I know that if you set handling on hydra it MUST be on the ground to have an effect, so I think what actually happens is it only sets handling if the vehicle has something to move on, so wheels must be on ground....  You could experiment with setGameSpeed, but I have no clue how you would set a helicopters speed....  Hope it helps.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Due to technical GTA limitations, you can't really change helicopter speed in MTA by editing handling, in single player it's only achievable by modding your gta_sa.exe. Because that's infact possible, maybe MTA will remove the hardcoded heli speedcap in future too, by patching memory addresses that singleplayer modders use for this. But currently it's not possible.

However, some/most planes can be affected after you first use https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetAircraftMaxVelocity and then set better handling. The effect is most noticably on planes like hydra or shamal, and even more so when you also set ''1G'' and ''2G'' boost handling flags, while some planes are hardcoded to have no noticable speed improvement, or just agility changes (possibly with heli's too depending on how you modify it, but no significant speed-up)

@benwilkins