MTA Racing release

I've not played GTAT so i wouldn't know. The 1st "Race mod" will be just vehicles.. this has been explained before.

It hasn't been explained properly before or I wouldn't have this question

I don't mean for this to start that flame crap backup...

I am still not clear on what it is... If you don't have an answer just say that.... don't be cryptic and say it's been explained before

You say no foot sync... so.. does that mean that we will be desynced find a car and then find our way to the start of the race?

or

We spawn with the car and we cannot get out of cars?

If it's just car sync and we have to wait for everyone to find a car and get to the start of the race I guess we won't know if someone is going for the same car until it takes off.

will ppl be able to jack other ppl?

told you I have a million questions

OK atm you spawn in the car specified in the server config file, which is what u race in. If you explode ull respawn. We will probably lock u in ure cars too, seeing as soon as u leave a vehicle u desync.. until u get back in it.

No u cant jack ppl yet.. in DM u will im sure but we arnt that far along yet ;)

njr1489: no comment.. i dont get what ure after (apart from a fully working MTA:SA which has this and that and something else etc etc etc blah blah blah)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK will you be able to choose from a few cars or will it be one car based on what the server is running?

that would answer my next question

Would you respawn right where you blew up (like Midnight Club or Midtown Madness) or back at a spawn location

I assume these will be decisions for the people running the server but thought Id ask

Good to hear the cars would be locked and you can't run around desynced jacking people.

thanks

thanks

If you ever played Midtown Madness 2 they have a cops and robbers game where they race to get gold and then have to get it to a randomly generated finish line.

Once someone gets it there a new random flag (gold in this case) is spawned...

I would love that if it's possible

Additionally, the car that is it is slowed down and the other cars heal damage... but that might be a bit too ambitious for this effort.

thanks for the answers Im sure I wasn't the only one with those questions

You can create your own races. start, finish, and markers. These are all configured with the server configuration.

As ransom said, we have decided to include some dog fighting for those of you who's trigger finger is starting to get itchy. Basically everything with planes and helicopters works perfectly, so it should provide for some really intresting and fun dog fights. (trying to dodge homing missles anyone?)

The racing by itself is incredebly fun i think. The dog fighting is just iceing on the cake. It is really insanely fun to be flying hydras with 4 or 5 other people with homing missles flying every direction... dodging, doing loops, and flips trying to loose the guy tailing you...

If you have a lot of questions, i deffinetly suggest checking out the blog, you can find a lot more technical information there.

Will a shot or two of nitro be available like I am hoping? Perhaps optional?

When you say everyone is in one car I hope you mean one car type per race, not one car type period. Hmmm.. on that thought what about nitro on bikes :P

Will it be possible to disable the planes if the admin so wished? I was thinking that people may swoop down in hydras and start shooting the people who are racing. It's all in good fun, of course, but some people may just want to race.

Will it be possible to disable the planes if the admin so wished? I was thinking that people may swoop down in hydras and start shooting the people who are racing. It's all in good fun, of course, but some people may just want to race.

If the server sets the race they control the vehicles so I would think they could not include planes if they wanted or only include no guns planes for a sorta spec mode.

This sounds like much more than just a racing release. There is definately a "market" for this and Im glad you are making it the first release.

This is a great way for me to ease the ppl who have resisted trying MTA in the past into the game.

thanks

At this moment in development there is only one vehicle type allowed per race, as defined in the races config. So multiple vehicle types per server, as long as the server is running multiple races.

the only way there would be hydras or something in the race, is if you defined it in the .race file.

people continuelly ask for a "early beta" to play with while we continue development, think of the race mod as that. Giving you guys something to toy with while we work on DM.

The race system is by no means complete yet.. so we can definately use these suggestions to help us make it as flexible and fun as possible.

Ill be working on the .race file system probably tomorrow or sunday, so i will post on the blog when i have some more info

Sweet progress...

But i dont get one thing..

Could there be planefights in the air while there is racing going on the ground? Would be funny, ur racing and trying to lose an oponnent ( ram him or sumthin :P) and look above and u see a hydra flying over 2 meters above u and it goes up again with high speed, wud be cool.

And maybe u can synch a driveby or something, that u can have a passenger, a friend, in ur car and he can shoot at other cars tires and they have also a passenger, they shoot at u. Not synch a whole DM with much weapons but i mean only a Uzi or sumthin, u and ur passenger have one ( with 4 passengers in a ranger :P they could take out all other cars :P ) and u shoot at the others, or dont u wanna synch any weapons. Keep up this progress.

what about an all around san andreas bycicle race? now THAT requires skill AND hand stamina.

I hate that thing in singleplayer :D even though it's a very good idea for a game like GTA. Haven't completed it yet. Beat the cock or whatever it was called.

Due to the incompleteness of the foot-code, we currently can't do that though, but when Blue is completed, I think that would very cool on an RPG server.

As for boatracing, yes!! Boats, even hovercraft races on land, sea and air, hehe.

At this moment in development there is only one vehicle type allowed per race, as defined in the races config. So multiple vehicle types per server, as long as the server is running multiple races.

the only way there would be hydras or something in the race, is if you defined it in the .race file.

people continuelly ask for a "early beta" to play with while we continue development, think of the race mod as that. Giving you guys something to toy with while we work on DM.

A beta which we're gonna wait over a year for.

A beta which we're gonna wait over a year for.

Not at all!

what about the skill system? will it work? will it be saved somewhere? will it be disabled?

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how they plan to do this too. There are several options they could choose:

1. Everyone has no skills

2. Everyone has max. skills

3. Random skill levels (probably not a good idea)

4. Everyone starts at zero but it takes less time for skills to build up than in SP.