MTA Racing release

I don't understand what this is going to be.

Will you only have synced cars and no people getting out of them?

Will you have ppl getting in and out of cars but it's not synced?

Do the players line up at the start on thier own or are they placed there?

How do you pick cars?

I have a million more questions but I'll end with just those.

thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will probably get some attention so I decided to add a very important comment here:

PLANE FIGHTING. Kent and IJs have told me this will be part of the race mod and I explained that noone ever said it publicly yet, so IJs told me to go ahead a few moments ago. It was just Oli's post explaining that a race mod was coming out + all the flames that caused that confusion.

So know that there will also be airborne combat as well as vehicle racing (which ups the cool meter by 5 points I'd say).

/messenger

If this has been mentioned before, my mistake, but I seriously have found no trace of it in the forums.

thtas great to hear about the jet fihting :D , no one said that before, your right. The question of will there be any on foot sync is something i would like to find out too. I uess you arent putting onfoot gunfighting in, but what about just walking or even simply punching?

I've not played GTAT so i wouldn't know. The 1st "Race mod" will be just vehicles.. this has been explained before.

This is f**king GTA, not Need For Speed. We dont want to race. We want to kill... :roll:

There WILL be killing, but u gotta wait, this is just an early version. I don't care for racing but maybe I dunno. I think it would be cool if we could place our own race markers (easily). Plus I just remembered how disappointed I was that you couldn't use nitro to your advantage in GTASA races (prolly cause AI was too dumb). Hopefully that will be included for real use here.

I'm intrested in plane fighting, thats an MTA first.

I've not played GTAT so i wouldn't know. The 1st "Race mod" will be just vehicles.. this has been explained before.

This is f**king GTA, not Need For Speed. We dont want to race. We want to kill... :roll:

There WILL be killing, but u gotta wait, this is just an early version. I don't care for racing but maybe I dunno. I think it would be cool if we could place our own race markers (easily). Plus I just remembered how disappointed I was that you couldn't use nitro to your advantage in GTASA races (prolly cause AI was too dumb). Hopefully that will be included for real use here.

I'm intrested in plane fighting, thats an MTA first.

Actually what an MTA first should be is sync.

I thought releasing a racemode would be good, but I guess we'll wait with releasing MTA till we have foot code then... See what I'm getting at? The *first* release will be just racing because the foot-code isn't ready for release. Ofcourse we could wait till we have that, but we want to show you something as fast as possible.

He meant it's a first from MTA..

And the rest of the bitchers, how do you think you get to a regular deathmatch? First you start with things like cars, so when that's done we play while they do the rest..it's not difficult to understand.

Edit: what ChrML said :P

Releasing something as fast as possible, this will remind me of GTAT. I don't see a point in this because we already have a SA online type of game. And most importantly where is VC?

GTAT has many bugs and crashes (especially with more than 3 in the server), BLUE (im guessing) won't have any crashes atall, and i'm sure they can do a better job of sync'n the vehicles than what's in GTAT too.

They've said before that SA is a priority, as was VC over GTA3.

It hasn't been explained properly before or I wouldn't have this question

I don't mean for this to start that flame crap backup...

I am still not clear on what it is... If you don't have an answer just say that.... don't be cryptic and say it's been explained before

You say no foot sync... so.. does that mean that we will be desynced find a car and then find our way to the start of the race?

or

We spawn with the car and we cannot get out of cars?

If it's just car sync and we have to wait for everyone to find a car and get to the start of the race I guess we won't know if someone is going for the same car until it takes off.

will ppl be able to jack other ppl?

told you I have a million questions

Edited by Guest
Releasing something as fast as possible, this will remind me of GTAT. I don't see a point in this because we already have a SA online type of game. And most importantly where is VC?

GTAT has many bugs and crashes (especially with more than 3 in the server), BLUE (im guessing) won't have any crashes atall, and i'm sure they can do a better job of sync'n the vehicles than what's in GTAT too.

They've said before that SA is a priority, as was VC over GTA3.

IMO That sucks, I would rather have a perfectly synced MTA VC mod we've been waiting for 18 months than a race mod, but hey its their mod, they'll do whatever they think will make them successful.

Edited by Guest

damn...

we heard the flamers... stfu already I just want to know more about the release

You will still be waiting until X day for a full fledged deathmatch. They always got things like car sync done first but we never knew when and they never shared it with us that early.

You are complaining over nothing. They are just giving you all a taste of the game in it's current state, they didn't wake up one day and decide to make Midtown Madness San Andreas

f'n idiots are just gonna get this thread locked and we won't learn a thing more.

I'm not flaming, i'm just putting in my opinion which I can post right? I don't want this locked either.

Well your first two questions are about animations aren't they? Well Oli said there are no on foot anims, and it will be cars only, so two of your questions answered.

You are spinning like a top!

You aren't flaming?

You havn't been waiting 18 months for a racing mod... it's false premise... it's complete bullshit... it's almost like someone is feeding you these lines....

That sucks, I would rather have a perfectly synced MTA VC mod we've been waiting for 18 months than a race mod, but hey its their mod, they'll do whatever they think will make them successful.

You will be waiting 19, 20, 23 or god knows how long for an almost commerical level product made by ppl in thier spare time for no money. But a few months before that you are getting a free bonus racing game as well. Your gripes have been heard. They released a blog to keep you informed to the minute to prevent this type of misinformed flaming bullshit

Meanwhile I have legitimate questions that are being taken off topic with the same old bullshit

stfu already