A little problem here

tommymaster

In my server every vehicle, interior entrance, gate has a key. But my item system won't display the key item picture, until localPlayer hasn't got a "key:any number" at slot1. In other programs we can search for file names as picture.***, and the *** could mean any file extension there, in lua is there a way i can do like the same thing, but with numbers?

setElementData (localPlayer, "slot1", "key:"..1, true)

if getElementData (localPlayer, "slot1") == "key:"..all the int numbers.."" then
	--draw key image in inventory
else
	--slot 1 is blank
end

Not quite sure if I understand but it looks like you're trying to check if "slot1" contains any key and then proceed with some code.

There are different ways you can probably approach this. First is a table, which would be smarter because it is faster than element data and element data is not very safe. If this is the server side I think you should be fine but still personally I'd go with an actual table.

What you can do is just simply check if any element data exists on "slot1" by just doing

if getElementData (localPlayer, "slot1") then
	--draw key image in inventory
else
	--slot 1 is blank
end

if you set the "slot1" data to nil or false setElementData("slot1", nil) then it will return false and execute the second part of your code.

If this is not what you meant, please try to explain your issue a bit more.

Edited by Tails
  • Thanks 1

Hi! Slot1 is a place in inventory. Slot 1 could contain food, drinks, weapons, and keys. So if the player has a "key:"..mysqlID on his slot1 place in inventory, i would like a key icon to be drawn on the screen.

if getElementData (localPlayer, "slot1") == "key:"..0 then 

This would work, but it only draws the key if the slot1 elementdata is 0. I would like to see the key, whatever the number is behind the "key:" string.

Edited by tommymaster