Easiest way to test my scripts?

tommymaster

Hi! I am not sure if my script would work perfectly, it might have sync bugs. And i would like to test if it works correctly, but how can i? I would not like to take away my sister's notebook, and i would not like to bother my friends to come and test my stuff, because i would like to see it how it works, and if it does not, what are the unexpected stuff that it performs. I tried virtual box, but GTA SA did not open on it by default, however i set the virtual vram to 256MB what should be enough for the game. I guess something else was the problem. But how can i test it? It needs 2 players to be tested correctly. Any suggestion?

5 hours ago, tommymaster said:

Hi! I am not sure if my script would work perfectly, it might have sync bugs. And i would like to test if it works correctly, but how can i? I would not like to take away my sister's notebook, and i would not like to bother my friends to come and test my stuff, because i would like to see it how it works, and if it does not, what are the unexpected stuff that it performs. I tried virtual box, but GTA SA did not open on it by default, however i set the virtual vram to 256MB what should be enough for the game. I guess something else was the problem. But how can i test it? It needs 2 players to be tested correctly. Any suggestion?

I have tried to use VirtualBox not long ago and it did not work, but I remember using VMWare with Windows 10 and it worked like a charm. Check this out:

Edited by MadnessReloaded
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Virtual Box should work fine normally.

And if you want to test network related things, I would suggest WANem.

WIth that you can fake latency and other network issues.

Very helpful to find out how your scripts will act with someone who has 500 ping instead of 0 as you on your local server.

• Thanks 1