GUI that is arranged to look the same on every resolution.

tommymaster

Hi! If i want to make a let's say a rectangle, and i want to put it to my up-right corner that would not show up for the players, who have a resolution of 1366x768. The average screen resolution in my country is 1366x768, but i am not really sure that players won't have a bigger resolution, anyone i asked had a resolution which is smaller than mine. (1920x1080) So if i would put a rectangle to (1700, 1000) it would not even show up on 1366x768. I know that there is a trick, when i divide the pixel cound than multiply it by the player's pixel count it would show up on the right spot (its like 1700/my x pixel count*players x pixel count), but i have to write this everywhere in my scripts, and whenever i make a mistake in maths it makes me puzzle up to half an hour to look for that mistake, for example if i put numbers between () at the wrong spot and stuff like these. So basicly what i want to ask, is there an easier way to arrange the items to the same-like positions on other people's screen with proportional size and height & width? Sorry that i wrote a lot here, please ask if you have any question in connection with this.

I usually use that trick: (In my case, my resolution is 1920 x 1080, so if you have any other resolution just change the values instead of yours.) 

local sX, sY = guiGetScreenSize()

function drawRectangle()

dxDrawRectangle((1770/1920)*sX, (25/1080)*sY, (100/1920)*sX, (50/1080)*sY, tocolor(0, 0, 0, 200), false)

end

addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, drawRectangle)

But you said if there was a method that made it easier, only comes to my mind to do something like this:

local sx, sy = guiGetScreenSize()
local px, py = 1920, 1080
local x, y =  (sx/px), (sy/py)

function drawRectangle()

dxDrawRectangle(x*285, y*143, x*800, y*350, tocolor(0, 0, 0, 220), true)

end

addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, drawRectangle)

In px and py you just have to put your resolution and just draw any element as is shown up. Hope I helped you!

Edited by AlvarO
  • Thanks 1
local sx,sy = guiGetScreenSize()
local sw,sh = 1360,780-- if u change the values in the relative() funcs, be sure to set this to your res and change the other ones as well.

function relative(x,y,w,h) -- this allows for perfect relative values, mta only sizes them to your res so it would be funky for other resolutions.
    x = x/sx*sw
    y = y/sy*sh
    w = w/sx*sw
    h = h/sy*sh
    return x,y,w,h
end

-- then input absolute values into the relative function like so
local x,y,w,h = relative(300,400,100,200)-- whatever u want, x,y,w,h, will be relative values for every res, just be sure to change the res above to your res.