[Roleplay] Legacy Roleplay [English]

Brett

16 hours ago, Ariana said:

Owl clone.

Uses the public gta5 hud that uses 50% of your cpu.

Would not recommend playing if you dont have a modern PC or dedicated graphics card.

This is constructive criticism that can be proven.

To add to the GTA V HUD they are also using the graffiti system recently added to the community as well and did not note any credits of that on their thread related to the graffiti system. Guess it's always the servers that use someone else's work that get attention on MTA:SA.

EDIT: Hell, even the City Hall map is public lol.

Edited by Blast3r
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Blast3r said:

To add to the GTA V HUD they are also using the graffiti system recently added to the community as well and did not note any credits of that on their thread related to the graffiti system. Guess it's always the servers that use someone else's work that get attention on MTA:SA.

I mean I dont mind them using public scripts its just that the gta5 radar mods use a lot of CPU.

Most people who play MTA are playing it because they have :~ PCs so they just lost half their playerbase before even starting

But yeh I agree they should credit you and others. Oh and wheres my credit for my siren system?

1 hour ago, Ariana said:

I mean I dont mind them using public scripts its just that the gta5 radar mods use a lot of CPU.

Most people who play MTA are playing it because they have :~ PCs so they just lost half their playerbase before even starting

But yeh I agree they should credit you and others. Oh and wheres my credit for my siren system?

I never said they should credit me though as they're not using any of my work lmao

Edited by Blast3r
5 hours ago, Blast3r said:

I don't know if you script or not, but I am going to respond to you. Scripters put hard work into some systems that they plan to use for themselves, and if those projects don't fall through in order for their work not to be in vain, they publicly release them. Why else would there be a section for "Publicly Released Scripts," if you judge someone for using said scripts? Logic really doesn't fall through...and is actually a little insulting to the scripters who make it then the people who use it. Just two cents on that matter. And of course, if people asked if we made it, we just tell them no it's public. Not like we're hiding that.

Ofcourse I'm judging someone for using publicly released scripts ON TOP of a not so publicly released but rather leaked script (valhalla Gaming, owl Gaming, both versions were leaked without owner's permissions).

I see absolutely no originality in your script considering you had to add other people's work to make it look more appealing to your playerbase, which is rather sad and funny at the same time. Thanks for enlightening me that scripters put hard work in their scripts and the systems, did not know that, guess that's something you learned while editing other people's work, congratulations mate.

And to answer your question, yes I do script.

Edited by Blast3r
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Blast3r said:

Ofcourse I'm judging someone for using publicly released scripts ON TOP of a not so publicly released but rather leaked script (valhalla Gaming, owl Gaming, both versions were leaked without owner's permissions).

I see absolutely no originality in your script considering you had to add other people's work to make it look more appealing to your playerbase, which is rather sad and funny at the same time. Thanks for enlightening me that scripters put hard work in their scripts and the systems, did not know that, guess that's something you learned while editing other people's work, congratulations mate.

And to answer your question, yes I do script.

Owlgaming was made from Valhalla, and even LSRP on SAMP came from a Public Enemy script. The script is not the decider of roleplay, it's the players who do that. If you judge your entire experience based on a script for a roleplay server, then you're not actually giving roleplay on the server a chance. Just "Same script, I quit." And we never claimed we were completely custom at all and openly admit we're not. No where in this did we say "Custom Script 100%!" Merely just said that it is actual ROLEPLAY. So like...you're kinda blowing smoke here friend. I would completely agree with you had we been a community that uses public scripts etc, and claim it's 100% custom. But we haven't done that in the slightest. 

Why do servers think it's okay to use stolen and leaked scripts if they admit they're using it? You're actually admitting to something that can be seen all the way out of a plane mate, saying other communities also use stolen code does NOT make it any better (there's a reason why I noted valhalla Gaming's scripts in the last thread), I don't support neither you nor Owl Gaming in any way. Issue itself is that nowadays MTA Roleplay is based on who's going to edit the script at the perfect time (when the previous community is at it's weakest point) and then people just move on to the other server which is basically the same :~ with no originality but still offers players a brand new start.

The lack of originality in nowadays MTA servers is worrying.

Anyway, I'll refrain from further posting here from now on to avoid further drama, good luck in using someone else's work I guess.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Blast3r said:

Why do servers think it's okay to use stolen and leaked scripts if they admit they're using it? You're actually admitting to something that can be seen all the way out of a plane mate, saying other communities also use stolen code does NOT make it any better (there's a reason why I noted valhalla Gaming's scripts in the last thread), I don't support neither you nor Owl Gaming in any way. Issue itself is that nowadays MTA Roleplay is based on who's going to edit the script at the perfect time (when the previous community is at it's weakest point) and then people just move on to the other server which is basically the same :~ with no originality but still offers players a brand new start.

Anyway, I'll refrain from further posting here from now on to avoid further drama, good luck in using someone else's work I guess.

You nailed it.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:59, Blast3r said:

I just wanted to simply respond to the first part. They admit it, because it's honest. And it's the law. I don't know if you know much about Copyright law, but this is how it works. You are free to use work that has been released in some fashion, as long as you give credit to the original creators unless trademarked or under copyright. And no script made on MTA or SAMP is copyrighted/trademarked as the one who would hold that is Rockstar Games since this is their platform. So technically under international law, nobody owns anything here. Rockstar does. Just a small course in how the law works. 

14 minutes ago, Brett said:

I just wanted to simply respond to the first part. They admit it, because it's honest. And it's the law. I don't know if you know much about Copyright law, but this is how it works. You are free to use work that has been released in some fashion, as long as you give credit to the original creators unless trademarked or under copyright. And no script made on MTA or SAMP is copyrighted/trademarked as the one who would hold that is Rockstar Games since this is their platform. So technically under international law, nobody owns anything here. Rockstar does. Just a small course in how the law works. 

Well since all this stuff is modding. We are discussing about ethical stuff, not laws.

• Like 3

Give this guy a break. Yes the server is using leaked/stolen Owl scripts but at least he's improving it/customising the scripts. Althrough this doesn't justify his actions, it's a step in the right direction. We've seen and heard it all, a couple of servers starting from scratch and building their own roleplay gamemode in the course of 1-2 years. And... What happened to those servers? They had a lifespam of 2 weeks. It's not worth the risk. In MTA Roleplay it's as the following: You build your own RP gamemode from scratch: It fails. Build it from an already existing popular but stolen gamemode: It succeeds (F*ck logic right?). 

Owlgaming is dieng as the developers are putting more effort into their GTA 5 gamemode than in their already existing server, players are therefore looking for something that's new, stable, shows organisation/new ideas and shows somewhat of a capable scripting team (as you also got a lot of owl copies with people claiming they can script and showing 0 progress in months of time). Well, they found it here and they're happy with it.

Edited by Forthwind