Connection Timed Out (Error CC23)

irvinboy

Question

Hi,

I am new to MTA in general and i encountered a problem when i tried to play for the first time. Yeah, as you may already know those battle royale games are one of the most played games right now, and i have a laptop that isn't good for those games. And one day when i saw that MTA has this genre and people keept playing on it and they keep saying that it is fun, i downloaded it and installed it.

Now when i first joined i got this CC23 problem, and couldn't fix it (NO SERVER WORKS). After a while i found the thing that caused the problem. I have a WIFI router that is connected to another WIFI router (basically to my uncle one, the one who gets the network by the cable). So, when i am connected in my network this error shows up, but when i am connected on my uncle WIFI it works (there is no error and i played a bit). The problem is that the network isn't good from there because its a bit far.

Now , if someone can help me to make it work on my WIFI router i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance (Sorry for the long post).

3 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Because your net line enters at the main router, any (double) filtering by your second router can cause the issue.

- Find the router configuration page to navigate to in your browser (most often, you can get it by opening network settings > clicking 'status' and looking at the Default Gateway or DHCP server address. Take that IP, and enter it in your browser. Now login with the router's login credentials, the most used default pass/username is ''admin'', ''admin'' or just leave the pass field (or both fields) blank.

Now if you successfully got on the router settings page, try to locate firewall settings and disable the router's internal firewall. Also try to make NAT less strict, for example you can add the local IP address or MAC of your PC you're playing MTA on, to the ''DMZ zone'' (opening all ports at once) which is now a safe procedure because the main router/modem is already filtering the signal.

Save the settings and reboot the router, now try again. If it still doesn't work, you can try repeating the same procedure on the main router (your uncle's as you mentioned). It might just not know how to handle traffic that is pre-processed by another router. Also, a Wifi repeater instead of using a second router can be a better idea.

@irvinboy