{ULK}Chief aka Chiefslapaho aka Vic

[TF]JoStud

I received an email today about a friend and active member of the MTA community.

On Wed Vic was involved in a motorcycle accident. He was run over by a truck. Internal head injuries bleeding, broken ribs, sternum, broken pelvis, leg broken with open wounds bleeding, crushed ankle also open,Broken Ankle , Collapsed lung, bruised lung bruised heart. Waiting until stable to operate on leg to stop bleeding. Leaving now to catch next ferry back to Kelowna... I will update you all as I can...

Friday I got back from the hospital.. Vic is in stable but critical condition.. Lastnight his left lung had fully colasped and they had to do a emergancy chest tube.A bone fragment form his ribs pierced his lung... To drain his chest cavaty... he had another ct scan and it shows no change in the sweeling of his brain, whch is good because he is not getting worse... they operated on his legs .. they put a steel rod in his upper left leg.. and a rod in his lower left leg.. they are leaving his broken ankle alone for now.. on his right leg they had to put plates in his knee to hold it toghether... He is still in a comma and they dont know when he will come out of it for sure. they are guesiing a few weeks.. He was on full ventilation till this morning.. they have him breathing on his own but with help from the ventilatoir, The doc said they didnt think he was going to make it.. looks like he will be on a ventaltor for maybe another week.. be in Icu for a few weeks... I need to go to bed now so will do more info in the mornig there is stiill alot more to put down about his conditoion.. he is far from fully stable

Since some people may not read this entire thread, more info from Robpol86

Vic has been involved in a motorcycle accident and is in the hospital, He is in serious condition. I am the Father-In-Law. He is still in serious but stable condition has not woke up happened 3:00 on Wednesday. A truck ran a yellow-red light as Vic was making a left turn. It has been touch and go. We almost lost him several times.

Update (via email again)

They have started to giving Vic drugs to try and reduce the sweeling in his brain, Tge nerosurgion looked at his ct scan and said there is too much swelling so they need to reduce it... They started to give him some blood thinners. The doc says Vic is at a very high risk of getting blood clots from his leg and pelvis.. They have to be carefull as Vic is still bleeding in his leg and pelvis... So he could bleed out.. The doc said it is still a very rocky and unpredictable road for now.. and will be for quite a while.. But Vic stats are still stable so that is good.. I will update more real soon.. I am heading back up to the hospital soon..

Best wishes to Vic on getting better. :cry:

Join #Get_Well_Chiefslapaho to show support for Chief.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posted before the post jostud quoted

Vic has been involved in a motorcycle accident and is in the hospital, He is in serious condition. I am the Father-In-Law. He is still in serious but stable condition has not woke up happened 3:00 on Wednesday. A truck ran a yellow-red light as Vic was making a left turn. It has been touch and go. We almost lost him several times.

in Poland we light candles when someone passed away so...

we are seperated by thousand miles and have never even met in person but i treat you like a close friend and hope you recover well and real fast. best wishes

update:

Vic-----{SB}D1N0 says:

Vic has improved, he is back on the ventolator doing the breathing for him because it was too painfull for him. His lungs are starting to heal, they are draining less fluid then yesterday, they have put him on medication to reduce the brain swelling. but his vitals are steady and strong.

Me = ']['im

Vic-----{SB}D1N0 = Chiefs paw-in-law

']['im: any change?

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: He is improving his lungs are healing, less fluid draining from his chest

']['im: thats good to hear, how are you and the family doing at this time?

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: They are starting medication to reduce brain swelling

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: His wife is getting over the shock I am trying to keep daily problems out of her need to think about

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: She is a little tired

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: But there is till a long way to go

']['im: if i had the $$ id fly out there to lend a hand

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: the current major worries are the brain pressure and blood clots.

']['im: when he comes out of it he's prolly gunna be more worried about his bike eh?

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: I have started insurance claim and will be talking to a lawyer on Tuesday

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: The bike only has broken mirrors and scracthes

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: at lesast that is my understanding

']['im: was he waering a helmit?

']['im: wearing*

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: Yes and if he wasn't he would not have been here

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: The Nerosurgon said the helmate saved his life

']['im: glad he was wearin one most ppl dont

']['im: so is he in a private room we're thinkin on sendin him some custom made gifts to his room for when he wakes up

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: It is the law here but some wear those little beany caps

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: but he had a full helmet

']['im: the community of friends he has online are tryin to organize and put money into a paypal account to help cheer him up

']['im: and were all thinkin about him

']['im: what room number is he in or where should we address the gifts too

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: We really do appreciate all the good wishes and we are telling him everytime we are inthere about all the people that are wishing him well.

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: He is in room 2007 flowers can't be sent to the room as they are not alowed in Intensive Care ward.

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: It is a sent think no smelly things Smile

']['im: ok thankyou so much ill spread the word and update everyone cause thier eager on his well being

']['im: so he hasnt woken up yet?

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: His wife is sitting here I told her what you said and she is most greatful for your wishes and thanks you all

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: No he has not woke up they do not expect him to for 3-4 more days

']['im: :(

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: But they all say that he can hear us so we keep talking to him

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: We had to leave as it is a rest period and no visitors are alowed.

']['im: here's some phrases that he'll probably respond too "

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: That would be great

']['im:

Chief slaps {ULK}Dross around with a large trout,

w00t,

ULK owns all,

omfg here comes robpol86,

things to update him on:

mta joined gtanet

ppl are pwning zircon

']['im: quite odd but may work

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: We wrote them down and will read them to him from the ULK gang or ir that mob

']['im: lol ok

']['im: take good care

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: Thank man we really do appreciate the support it gives us ten energy to keep our heads on streight

Vic-----{SB}D1N0: ten = the (sp)

N.B. if you would like to send gifts and letters or anything to help cheer him up msg me or contact any ULK if im not around for the info to get things to him

** Flowers(or anything with a smell) are not allowed in the hospital

Edited by Guest

... Thats sad..... I used to play with him on SB server about a week ago.... :cry: He IS a good player.... I hope he gets well soon...

EDIT: This is the saddest moment on MTA (forget the crying part lol it was too exaggerated) for a player on MTA. I feel sorry of what will happen to him and what will be the effects.

Edited by Guest
This is the first time im actually almost crying for a player on MTA.

Not to be an ass or anything but why the hell would you cry over someone you've never met in person?

I said ALMOST. Not up to almost, but just feeling sorry, just thinking what might happen to him and what will be the effects, and its just sad. I'm just a sensitive person, no one quites understand me lol.

Not to be an ass or anything but why the hell would you cry over someone you've never met in person?

I never met the Jews alive during WW2 but they sure as hell can bring a tear to my eye.

I never met the Jews alive during WW2 but they sure as hell can bring a tear to my eye.

They were treated so bad, and died from suffering, i felt so sorry for them. I would think of it, but i'm going to have water in my eyes if i think of it too much :cry: