MTA:SA Progress (29/07/2005 @ 02:29 CET) by Bloodymess13

Bloodymess13

delete my account aswell i find it to be totally useless now i mean actually it always been since the forums have never been populated. u guys expect good to come out of a race mod instead of the actual blue core when infact theres a better team that has acomplished better then what blue has promised already? i say no .everyone is dissapointed in you guys

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first release isn't going to be blue itself, but a racing mod/e made with blue :P Think they're gonna release the deathmatch and blue later on.

MTA:SA is going to be built on BLUE. So any release, race mod or not is still blue. :roll:

But seriously people have been waiting a year plus for this "blue" to come out and your going to release a race mod first? What the hell is that

the only thing that bothers me is that MTA BLUE development started in 2003.

there was a sort of teaser of the 0.4 core(later on renamed to mta blue), and a slogan "the revolution will come", since then, no media about the vice city version. that's what's confusing me. i mean you've probably tested some sync methods with the blue core? in the past, it has been said a couple of times that there wasn't any media to show at that time. sounds to me like you guys were focussing on working on just the core itself, but not really on a vice city version build onto the blue core?

now San Andreas is available for the PC. and suddenly there's a sync video of MTA SA? :? since then mta SA get's a high priority, and the vice city version build onto mta blue is being left in the dark(seems like it never really existed?)

i don't really have a problem with a racing gamemode, but i do understand why some ppl complain about it. it seems like the mod-support, the ingame interface and the SDK took away a lot of spare time, which made it so that, a vice city release, before the SA PC release was impossible to reach(it was never promised though; so there's nothing to blame about that; though some mta teammembers really wanted to release a vc version build onto mta blue before the actual SA PC release).

the racing gamemode is just a small part of what mta blue "seems" to be capable of. that's why some ppl are really disappointed. we've heard stuff like, "the revolution will come", "you'll be amased too", "singleplayer-like animations", "all weapons will be included, even 1st person mode will work". and suddenly a racing gamemode is announced :?

if there wasn't so much propaganda related to mta blue, the disappointment wouldn't be as big as it is now.

though if you look at the posts in this topic, the revolution has definately come! just not like you(the mta team) had in mind :lol:

With all due respect to the team, here's something that even sloth thinks should be posted.

With the first release of MTASA (and blue) being a race-only mod to tide us over with until it's fixed up, is just silly. That's like Microsoft releasing a version of Windows to the public (yes, the public), without system tools and a complete gui; then having them tell us to use it to tide us over until they fix it up and release the fixes and fully complete version.

yeah.

the first release of MTA SA is supposted to keep the players busy, until more features have been completed. nothing wrong with that; in fact, it's a good idea.

but! because of this whole mta blue thing, it's just a small preview of what mta blue is capable of, and now that the SDK isn't going to be included in the first release, the plan will probably not work.

as you can see in this topic, even previous die-hard mta fans are disappointed about this racing gamemode. which shows that the players probably won't keep them busy for too long, and they might even be more disappointed instead. and i can't blame them for that :wink:

and you(the mta team) also say that the community is important to you right?

I am not bothered as much as I used to be with these type of announcements when it was just MTA and it seemed like Blue was our only hope... at least now we know we have an alternative. MTA has been very influential and were the first online mod for GTA, but if they all of the sudden told us they are scrapping Blue and are folding, I wouldn't care. I mean sure, it would be nice if MTA Blue did eventually come out so we can see how it is and all, but our prayers have already been answered with VC-MP.

It seems to me the thing that is pissing everyone off about this "News Progress Update" is that MTA is still feeding the same old bullshit while VC-MP showed us how they lived up to their hype.

VC-MP is providing us a very synched and enjoyable Vice City mod which will be released any day now while we wait for SA-MP, and MTA gives us a news update about how we will have a gay racing mod in a couple months? What the shit?

Edited by Guest

Hmm the disappoint factor is at an all time high.. okay I admit it I was disappointed as soon as I realised this VC:Blue I had waited so long for, thinking that it would be out in a few months, gets put aside to start up yet another project for a brand new gta. Also, a racing mod is pretty lame... I'm not interested in GTASA mostly because its just so big, bulky, and nastily controlled. I just don't feel like playing it, multiplayer anyways.

I know I have much more faith because I have been dropped hints here and there about upcoming stuff.. but now my hopes are really dying down, especially seeing the progress bars go. Now people have even less faith that something is going to be released.

I guess the latter part of this topic is what happens when mrbump doesnt silence freedom of speech... people should know their unanswered warnings, bans, and post deletions were mrbump's doing. He practically ran the forum nazi style, and the proof is that when complaints come now, the moderators say they have done something, because they actually CAN do the work themselves now. If I'm lyin, I'm dyin.

I'm not grilling or flaming, I'm just disappointed also. I'm never going to bitch out somebody's mod that I'm playing for free which they created for free... I disagree with that 'we are the customers' view, because we certainly are not paying, we use these mods by free choice.

One last thing, Kyeman came from MTA team so... obviously he picked up alot of things for making mp (certainly using some, I mean using a crappier method rather than a nice, figured out one would be stupid) during his time there. I think a little credit is deserved here?

im also not so interested in sa mutiplayer as i am in vice and gta3. they are good games that really deserved to be multiplayer in the first place.

It's not so much that its just going to be a racing mod thats supposed to "tide us over till the next release" that bugs me, but the fact that it SEEMS that its a racing mod INSTEAD OF .5.5. No good staunton island? no fixed vc crusader? (the crusader bug merited an immediate patch btw)

of course, as far as i know .5.5 might still happen, no one has publicly said one way or the other as far as i know.

Some respect is due to MTA for what they've done... up to 0.3 that is.

You guys have partly become the Nintendo of GTA Multiplayer clients. You had some great releases in your beginning, but now that we see your pointless "innovative" ideas, and what others can do, we just dont care anymore. The only way your not like Nintendo, is that they actually still have some good releases now and then, and they actually have people who care about what their developing.

im also not so interested in sa mutiplayer as i am in vice and gta3. they are good games that really deserved to be multiplayer in the first place.

It's not so much that its just going to be a racing mod thats supposed to "tide us over till the next release" that bugs me, but the fact that it SEEMS that its a racing mod INSTEAD OF .5.5. No good staunton island? no fixed vc crusader? (the crusader bug merited an immediate patch btw)

of course, as far as i know .5.5 might still happen, no one has publicly said one way or the other as far as i know.

AMEN Sloth

----------

I would be pleased if this racing preview came out today but it seems like the announcement was wait an unnamed amount of time for a racing mod and a blog.

What is a bit annoying is how VC seems to be put on a backburner while it's in such disrepair.

Please shine that thing up a little bit to give us something to play in the meanwhile... other mods not withstanding

In the big picture I guess most of this angst in this topic comes after most of us tested the VC:MP mod today and it was the first glimpse at the future. And MTA is being lampooned because they are the only sucessfully released MP mod to date.

Why can't ppl just be happy they have options instead of mad at MTA that they are not all things to all people?

In the big picture just be happy that if you don't like this racing mod you may have another option. If that other option is everthing you wanted don't be mad at MTA about that. Just thank the other mod. When the MTA Blue stuff is out in all it's glory you can compare it to whatever else and play what you want.

It's a win win

If you want to be mad, be mad at R* for not making this themselves.

Im not mad at MTA because VC:MP is good. I am a bit disappointed that they are making a racer for the first release instead of fixing what can be fixed in the current version to keep the ppl playing.

You guys have partly become the Nintendo of GTA Multiplayer clients. You had some great releases in your beginning, but now that we see your pointless "innovative" ideas, and what others can do, we just dont care anymore. The only way your not like Nintendo, is that they actually still have some good releases now and then, and they actually have people who care about what their developing.

We don't like 0.5 either, and it's shit working with as it's old and origins from very "unexperienced" days. Basically, that's why we make Blue.

ok guys, I can see what you're saying here, but i have to bring up some points which have not been mentioned.

Firstly, you forget that "BLUE" is being designed in such a way that when it is properly released, it will feature the ability to be fully moddable on a very large scale. This is the main aim for "BLUE" and this is what sets it apart from other mods (SA-MP for example). This process means that our code has to be very well organised and structured in a way so that people can easily create or modify existing modifications built using the SDK and it also means we have to make an aweful lot available to the mod creator (The ability to do *anything* in game - as much as can be possible anyway, the ability to do any directx type things as required, be able to write custom packets/netcodes for specific user mods easily, etc). Now, once this is finished, it will of course be very interesting to see what things come out, there will be a massive variation of game modes available for you to play, which again sets it apart from other multiplayer mods for GTA.

I do understand that its been a while since anything has been released (0.5 was in feb and blue was announced last september) but that doesn't mean we "don't care about what we develop" or anything like that.. it simply means that we have not finished what we think will be a very enjoyable and varied modification.

Finally, i just ask that you keep these things in mind when being so critical. In a way seeing these comments makes me want to work harder to make it better to show you wrong.. but in another way it makes me want to pack it in. Luckily, unlike Utopia, im a "the cup is half full" person.. so i'll go with the 1st opinion ;)

so u guys have had ur heads up ur asses for 18 months, to supposedly create a release that will support mods (that seems to be the main focus of blue), well guess what guys? if u get a cracked client and everybody has the same map mod on, YOU ALL FUCKING SEE IT AND CAN PLAY WITH IT, same with scm mods. so this modding capability is total bullshit. and it cant take 18 months to sync some weapons and animations.

you guys shunned the community because u were the only mod available, but now ur about to lose the community altogether

EXACTLY!

What happened to Portland, Staunton, and SSV? What happened to the crusader bug fix? What happened to 0.5.5 VC features? What happened to the version that was going to make us actually play MTA:VC? All that put over just for a racing mod. SA isn't even that great, because its so big and IMO won't be as fun as VC or GTA 3 online. I'll thank the SA-MP for doing it.

You know exactly what I mean.

Wow I must say I am also very disappointed with this, we wait for over a year in high hopes of a fully stable MP mod for GTA, and then we are presented with this. The devshot release of VCMP seems to be popular because it's deathmatch mode and also appears to be better than the current release of MTA, and it's deathmatch mode which is what people want in a game designed for carjacking, bank robbing, mugging, shooting, and killing. Not car racing.

Good luck anyway.