fetchRemote download progess?

Fist

• Moderators

I don't think there is a download progress indication for fetchremote. But you can use the trigger latent functions to show the client download progress once the server has downloaded the files.

Edited by IIYAMA
4 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

I don't think there is a download progress indication for fetchremote. But you can use the trigger latent functions to show the client download progress once the server has downloaded the files.

So you're telling me to, download first files in server and then send them to client through triggerLatentClientEvent? Then what's point of me doing that if i can just keep files on server and then just send them through latent? I'm just new into this stuff idk what's better but i've heard i can create custom downloader through fetchRemote. Just wanted to do that. If you know any better solutions i'd be glad to hear it.

• Moderators

You can use fetchRemote to make a 'download' progress, but more in this way:

fileSize / totalFileSize * 100 = additional progress.(% after a file has been downloaded)

Which is more or less a file transfer progress instead of a download progress.

With a transition you can make it more smooth. But it will not tell the client that a part of a file has been downloaded.

See also the function downloadFile which also validate the file if it has been corrected downloaded and not edited by the client.

Edited by IIYAMA