MTA - Converted Maps

Captain Cody

Ah had forgotten about that, I may redo the textures and stuff closer to their real life counterparts when I get the time.

Oh by the way could I just get feedback on something? (From everyone)

I've got a more advanced streamer that uses a vastly more complicated technique used in maps such as United and alien city that have a massive ID list and I'm wondering if posted for $5-10 would any one actually be interested in it. Donations seem to not be happening what so ever and I need a way to fund projects I'm working on atm.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been playing around with these converted maps for the past day or two now, so I can first hand say that I really like the detail that these maps have to offer as well as the performance of the streamer. The streamer truly is a remarkable asset when you seek to get maximum performance while playing on these maps. Excellent work with the maps and the streamer, thank you for releasing the maps to the public.

• Like 1

Current statistics as of 1/14/18

Transfagarasan - 22 Downloads
Vehicle testing grid - 26 Downloads
Liberty City - 108 Downloads
Vice City - 143 Downloads
Carmageddon - 25 Downloads

Most Downloaded Map - Vice City

Least Downloaded Map - Alien City (I think I may have broken it?)

Fixed the alien city download, sorry about that I forgot to setup the permissions for it correctly.

However alien city may not be the most stable, I'm going to be working on an update for it soon enough that hopefully will  vastly improve it.

Edited by CodyJ(L)
  • Thanks 1

Hey, If u really want to help making MTA community grow day by day then u should stay positive and do what u are capable of.

I'm not telling you to convert gta 5 or pubg maps but I'm telling u at least to try something different.
How about u convert such things like these:

Argo map (This game is made by Arma 3 makers).

Slenderman map .

Fortnite map (it's not as big as PUBG one).

I cannot do any large maps at the moment my computer is not capable of it. If I had proper donations I'd be able to do stuff like Armas map, Pubg, ect. I've been doing what I've been able to do so far, but doing maps like that require powerful computers in which I cannot afford.

Edited by CodyJ(L)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

aU9accr.jpg

Likely will not be an official JS release, but I'm working on porting driver 2s map as a test for my new streamer which does not use any model IDs instead it uses the model name hashes similar to how IV does it. There will also be a new file format called .JSP and .JSD

JSP structure will be

ModelName, Interior, Dimension, x , y ,z , xr , yr , zr
ModelName2, Interior2, Dimension2, x2 , y2 ,z2 , xr2 , yr2 , zr2

JSD will be

Idhash,Dff,Txd,Col,DrawDistance,SpecialAlphaFlag(true or false),Culled (true or false),Lod(true, false or Idhash of Lod)

Edited by CodyJ(L)
-- JSP
Name,Interior,Dimension,x,y,z,xr,yr,zr

-- JSD
Name,Dff,Txd,Col,Drawdistance,Special Alpha,Backface Cull,Lod Number or true,Show time, Disapear time

-- Show time = Time of day that the object shows up (For windows and crap)
-- Disapear time = Time of day that the object disapears (For windows and crap)

All maps will be updated to this new system at the end of the month,  .map support will be 100% phased out from any of my systems by that time.

However, for map editor concerns I will be doing a map editing tool kit, that allows you to edit the maps as well set object definitions (Properties) through a GUI that will save to the core

JSP and JSD files. The Reason I am doing this is so that the streamer has better control of how the objects are added also I will be adding a lot more systems in the future that will depend on these new formats.

Edited by CodyJ(L)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While testing new streamer I managed to make a new United. Perfect conversions of LC and VC combined on the same map with custom offsets. When I release the new streamer I'll be releasing a special United patch that will make this functional.

Also some loading time tests. (Regular Hard drive, 3.4 GHz processor, 8GB ram)

LC / VC - 25 second average. (Around 1 minute quicker then previous) -- Smaller map

United (LC + VC) 40 second average. (6 minutes quicker then previous) -- Large map

Alien City 110 second average (10-15 minutes quicker then previous) -- Massive map

Edited by CodyJ(L)
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...