[QUESTION] DO YOU WANT A NEW DXLIB?

Simple0x47

[QUESTION] DO YOU WANT A NEW DXLIB?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a SUI to be released as open source?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • No, because you cannot make something better than dxLibs that are already made.
    • Yes, because I want to see your 'code quality' :O.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/17 at 19:12

8 hours ago, msyyn said:

Would be interesting to see how the design of it is. Making dxLib that's clean (design wise) and yet powerful performance wise is welcome :)

The idea of SUI is creating an API for creating User Interfaces in a easy way by having complex and optimized structures.The personalization is similar to using the dxDraw functions. There are also 'styles' you can add or remove by having a little bit of knownledge of Lua table definition, and about the animations... you should check out the code. The dxLib is estimated to be released on December.

• Like 2

SUI is making use of dxRenderTargets in order to allow a great functionality of elements that can be parents ( box, scrollbar ). This won't mean it will be laggy, just that the people that have VideoMemoryFreeForMTA couldn't see this type of objects. So there's the possibility of using SUI even if they cannot handle a renderTarget by not using Boxes with more content that they can fit and not use scrollbars at all in this cases. In order to avoid complex code for the developer that is going to use SUI, I'm going to develop a backend that could handle this situations in order to keep as simple as possible the dev's life.

Update: RenderTargets maybe aren't going to be used at all!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, ShayF said:

I make my own dx elements, buttons, windows, gridlists, etc. I find it better to have your own code than someone else's.

"Why reinvent the bicycle", if the basic elements are already there? Personally, I do not like working with the GUI and it's much easier for me to use the finished dxlib.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Taka said:

"Why reinvent the bicycle", if the basic elements are already there? Personally, I do not like working with the GUI and it's much easier for me to use the finished dxlib.

18 hours ago, Simple01 said:

Well, you will change of mind.

I already am working on my own dxlib, with its own functionality and personalization. Im not reinventing dx like you said, instead id be making a different brand of bike. The idea is the same, the result is different. I always prefer something i myself make over any other.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 15:31, ShayF said:

I already am working on my own dxlib, with its own functionality and personalization. Im not reinventing dx like you said, instead id be making a different brand of bike. The idea is the same, the result is different. I always prefer something i myself make over any other.

Okay.