Gamemode ideas.. MTA:SA

While I was lying in bed, slowly coming to conciousness this morning, I was thinking about my progress in SA's Car Collector missions. I've finished up two chalkboards worth, working my way through the third. I got to thinking about that crane and it's uses.

This Gamemode will take some Modding and a bit of coding, but if Blue is all we're told it's going to be, this should be a possibility. I've actually got several ideas this morning, but I didn't want to post three times. We'll start here ;)

Hangman

Required players: 2-4 (Depending on how it's coded up)

Vehicles: 2 at a time, up to 6

Weapon Restrictions: Driveby-capable weapons (Though others might be coded for use in a driveby)

Gameplay:

Two cranes on either side of a tall building, three cars each down on the street below. 1 Crane Operator per team, 1 "driver" (so to speak). Driver hops into a car and gets scooped up by the crane on each team. Crane operators swing their drivers around on the crane. Goal is to destroy the enemy's car, as they are trying to do the same to you. Best 3 out of 5 (Remember the 6 vechile thing?) or just straight up 1 on 1.

Potential Drawbacks:

Cars don't spin while attached to the magnet, they are always facing the same direction.

Cranes don't move really fast. A small speed improvement to the crane would be able to give the car more of a 'whip' in movement, allowing for faster reaction to potential threats.

May have to code in some sort of defensive measure for the Gas tank so you can't be one shotted off your crane? The whip and spin things above could make up for that, though.

Deathtrack

Number of players: Any (Though more then 2 could get ugly)

Vehicles: Any (Though more lowrider/slippery cars would be preferred)

Weapons: Any

Weapon Modification: 1 Stinger per vehicle :?:

Gameplay

Somewhere in Los Venturas, there is a semi-tall building with a wide roof around a central structure. I've been able to land a Dodo on it, so it's not too awful narrow (And anyone who's seen me fly a plane understands that's no small feat for me to land a plane ANYWHERE, let alone a building roof ;) ). Racers are popped up on there and given the countdown. Laps around this extended roof, drivebys and such functional. One stinger per car (Stinger is the spike strip that the police used in VC, it's in one of the SA Missions after you get the gas station).

Potential Drawbacks

Having to click to drop a Stinger might make you unable to fire in a driveby, at least until you use up your Stinger anyway.

Various cars. There's obviously very diferent speeds of cars, and it could make this a lopsided race. Perhaps have a standard car that's the same for everyone, like a Blade or a Super GT (Both are slidey).

Variations:

No weapons, no stingers, just a demolition derby of sorts.. Knock the opposition off the rooftop in any way, shape or form you can. Last man on the roof takes the win.

Drawback of this however is we don't know how good vehicles are synched yet. Yes, we've seen a video, but we haven't actually TRIED it yet. Everyone is well aware of how odd it is to try and PIT someone in MTA:VC and MTA:GTAIII right now.

Last Stand

Number of players: Any

Vehicles: Any

Weapons: Any but Flamethrower (To keep wall-abusers away from temptation)

Gameplay:

A slight variation on the Hangman idea. Two teams get up on either side of a tall building, though this one should probably have more surface area. Each team would get 4 or 5 cars, perhaps some barriers of some kind (This is probably the most mod-needed game idea). Teams set up a base of sorts, setting up their barriers and cars and all that stuff in whatever fashion they desire, so long as it's on the roof and goes no further then 1/3 of the way out from the edge of the building. The goal is to destroy the other team's cars, all of them, any way possible. Bonus points if you shove the enemy vehicles off the side of the building instead of blowing them up outright.

Comments? Feedback?

--- Loendal

Great ideas, but I have to agree to JonChappell. I think they are a little bit too complicated. In my opinion, a gamemodes should have easy rules (Unreal Tournament 2004 is a great example). Maybe you get someone to make them if you're lucky :)