Gametype IDEA!!!!!

Do you think this gametype would be fun?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this gametype would be fun?

• Yes
    • No

Dont know if this will work but it sounded good when i thought of it :D

this is how it will work:

Everyone will spawn in a random spot (just like deathmatch) and they will be given a certain person to kill and it will display them on the radar as a dot, if they kill the person they have been told to kill they will get a point, and if the person you were trying to kill kills you they will get a point, but....... if you kill someone that you were not told to kill or was not trying to kill you you will lose a point. if you die you will just respawn and get another target to kill, if you kill your target you will just get another one to kill. the person that is trying to kill you will not be displayed on the radar.

this type will not work until you get a scoring system happining.

Please post your thoughts/ideas and say if you think it will be fun or not in the poll thing.

A one on one DM scenario - sounds intereesting

So its a game where everybody is going after everybody else right?

So A is after B, B is after C, and C is after A etc etc.

Just wondering how targets will change, due to the limit of players, in some cases you would be after the same target, or people would double up? - Don't know how that works.

Either way, its a nice idea.

i was talking to thugsta last night about this, and we thought of randomising all the targets after each kill.

Mass chaos would ensue as the person that 1 minute ago was 5m away from you is now only 3 and your target =)

Yes just like tribes2, This would be a very good game, every one would be displayed as on your team except your target. If you notice a team member trying to kill you you are probly their target. If you kill them you should get 2 points or somthing, if you kill some one on your team who isnt trying to kill you you loose a point. Hehe I would love this!

Yeah this gamemode has a good change of possibility. I will surely talk about this with the other teammembers. But I think we should disable things like the tank and the dodo to prevent that the person who is in it can't be killed.

i think the idea with being able to kill your assasin has to sides:

-on the one its a bit unfair not to be able to kill him

you can only run away

-on the other hand it makes the game much more intense

you will be always running and trying to kill your target before you get killed

the funny thing is that the game type will have a funny affect:

everybody will meet at the middle and there will be many people who are just 1 sec away from winning when a new round starts

i also dont know if it wouldn't be boring to kill your opponent with always the same weapon(because you don't have time to collect another)

mybe the winner of the last round should get some extra weapons which he can keep until he dies(when the round is other he still keeps them)

(it think everybody should be shown int he map even your target)

-on the one its a bit unfair not to be able to kill him

you can only run away

I would of thaught you yould get a point or 2 for killing the person who was trying to kill you? But they would still show up as a team member, yet if you kill another team member you would loose a point for it. You would have to have alot of evedence that a person on your team is trying to kill you before he actucaly does kill you. And when you are about to kill your target you would want to act as his team mate than when he's not looking stap him in the back ( shoot him in the head). But thats just my tactic. I do think you should disable the tank but im not shure about the dodo... I mean you will have him on your radar because you have to know who your going to kill so your not going to loose him. Maby if you shoote the dodo it goes spastic for a couple of seconds like inverts all your keys or makes it fly up for a second with would generaly make you come crashing to the ground. That would make it so you can kill him alot easily.

Yep Probly, Its a great mode to play.

run away? - i guess you could kill him, but that wouldnt change the order of anything - he just respawns.... that would work

Yes it would work because he isnt going to be the person who's trying to kill you. Once you kill your target it will swap to another person, maby not right away but soon when theres some one to be your target. That means that if you kill the person who is trying to kill you their target wont be you any more (because you killed them) it will of swaped to another person. It all works out fine, its alot easier when you play the tribes 2 version + it is very fun!

Everyone will spawn in a random spot (just like deathmatch) and they will be given a certain person to kill and it will display them on the radar as a dot, if they kill the person they have been told to kill they will get a point, and if the person you were trying to kill kills you they will get a point, but....... if you kill someone that you were not told to kill or was not trying to kill you you will lose a point. if you die you will just respawn and get another target to kill, if you kill your target you will just get another one to kill. the person that is trying to kill you will not be displayed on the radar.

this type will not work until you get a scoring system happining.

I reckon, instead of a "dot", some sort of hot/cold gauge on-screen if possible. Therefore not giving a definite position of the player :)

And, how about if you kill the person you get a point, however if that person kills you, but wasn't supposed to because you weren't their "target", it gives them two points for killing the "assassin". :)

And, if the assassin dies, the target gets a point for surviving :)

Another idea is to have a car hunt, basically like car-tag or something. Where it shows a gauge as to how close the chasing party is, and well, basically the same scoring system I reckon. However, only 1 person is "it" :)

• 1 month later...

bumping this thread, so that trx can find it, as he was thinking about possibly turning it into a game mode =)

A vs B

B vs C

C vs A

The above worked on that idea from what i remember... just read the whole thing =)

vogel says it should be possible (read his post) ... im looking ahead here, at future ideas for gametypes.

We dont want these great ideas lost, as the whole forum is really a think-tank, where your ideas actually have a chance of becoming something.

Maybe in 0.4b or something, this may be included. Since I gave so much feedback regarding this (actually, most of you would call it spamming;-P ) and we turned a simple idea, into a full blown game-mode, like every other game-mode the mta have made/are working on.