Slow-mo

I've just seen an article on NewScientist describing how a scientist has discovered how to create "bullet time" slow motion on one person's screen whilst making everything normal on the affected player's screen. I wondered if this would be possible with Blue in order to allow syncing of GTA's slow-mo pills (incidentally, does SA have these?)

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7703

In locally networked games, time delays can be as much as 10 milliseconds, while transatlantic games suffer a latency of around 60 milliseconds. However, the use of LPFs means players do not notice any time lag because events are ever so slightly slowed down until the game catches up with itself.

basically, it turns off prediction and makes it play like MTA currently does :-P , then turns prediction back on when bullet time is over,

add some smoothing and it looks like they go really fast, though to the other guy they are going normal speed.

Kent

it sounds like they are talking about lagging and slowing someone down for a second, then speeding them up to catch up. if you want bullet time in mta, get a crappy vid card :P

Yep basically.. like the person going average speed is gonna be in a firefight shooting like hell but the other guys gonna have bullet time lag :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heres is my idea with no one lagging:

When someone is using bullet time on their screen and you see them going normal speed: ok the guy who isnt using bullettime shoots him and the guy whos using bullettime, his game remembers what the opponent did and he will get shot IF the opponent shot him. the only problem is that since the BT user is going slow,the first one who will find out if the BT user died is the guy who kills the BT user and the BT user will appear hes dead a little after since his game is going slow.....

He will catch up to normal speed when he respawns