problem with setWorldSoundEnabled

Fist

i want to disable helicopter engine sound, i did that with setWorldSoundEnabled(40,0,false) but thing is that, it also disables normal vehicle engine sounds too. I don't want that to happen, i only want to do it for helicopter. Is there any work around for this?

1 minute ago, Randomly said:

World sound enabled's arguments are (group, specific element of group, state) 

i did that, i found which group and index needs to be turned off through showSound command in console and it gave me 40 0 but that group and index is for every vehicle for engine.

Edited by Fist
16 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

True. But you never said it was also for the other players.

AFAIK the sound is less present for the players near the heli than the player in the heli. It shouldn't be that much of a problem.

yeah forgot to mention that. You can actually tell that if there's an original sound playing from heli while new sound is playing over. So that's why i want to remove it otherwise if it wouldn't be that noticable i wouldn't care then.

2 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

hmm

Then there is only one way left. Record the sound and play it for every vehicle.

yep, it does look like only solution. Sad thing is that i can't find that many engine sounds for each vehicle type. :/

4 hours ago, IIYAMA said:

The sound of an engine exist out of multiple different sounds to make it `sound` differently.

Afaik the sound(not sound group) you disable is equal for all vehicles. But I can be wrong.

it is, i tested like 4 different type of vehicles and engine sounds were gone driving, so i', pretty sure rest of them are too.

but whatever, i'll just leave original sound and put new one over it, sounds bit ugly but what can you do if mta lacks of few things.

Edited by Fist