Bansync : Synchronise bans with other servers

NanoBob

We all know that cheaters and hackers are not people you want on your server, or on any server for that matter.

In order to prevent these people who get banned on one server for cheating, hacking (or just being a dickhead) from joining another server and doing the exact same, ruining the game for other players I have developed Bansync.

Bansync is a way for a server owner to both contribute, and profit from a ban database, somewhat similar to how VAC works. Where getting banned from one server would mean you get banned from others as well. Anyone can sign up to join bansync as a server, and contribute to the database. And as a server owner you will be able to specify per server what types of bans you want to enforce on your server. ( See screenshot in spoiler below)

Besides just being a ban database, it's also a platform for people to appeal their bans which were handed out using bansync. When an appeal is accepted the ban is automatically lifted and the player will be able to play on any servers enforcing bansync.  

Bansync runs as a website at https://bans.nanobob.net/ , once you sign up for a server account you will have information on how to implement bansync available on your admin dashboard.

I welcome any questions, and encourage you to browse the website, it contains a more detailed and in depth explanation of the project. I would also like to ask for anyone who is interested and owns a server, or plays on a server which you think should be hacker free, to implement this, or ask the developers to implement bansync. This way we can make the MTA community just a bit nicer for everyone.

Screenshots:

Admin dashboard:

NQamV5S.png

Settings page

vdpTwts.png

Ban appeal page:

M3pVZh0.png

Edited by NanoBob
  • Like 3

Its good idea but there will some players who get ban by insulting ,using abused words ,not folowing rules when they get ban from 1 server next time they will think to do not repeat this if they join 2nd server if this 2nd server is In  the database even they get ban here to too? Well idea is good I support I will add my server in bansyc !!

Edited by Khadeer143
2 hours ago, Khadeer143 said:

Its good idea but there will some players who get ban by insulting ,using abused words ,not folowing rules when they get ban from 1 server next time they will think to do not repeat this if they join 2nd server if this 2nd server is In  the database even they get ban here to too? Well idea is good I support I will add my server in bansyc !!

If the server is set up to follow your server's bans for that ban type as well, then yes.

Adding a ban like that would most likely look something like this:

VDK3Nso.png

Then in the server settings for the other server your server would need to be enabled like this:

tHWpK3T.png

So with the config above if I ban someone from SAES:RPG, and your server has "abusive behaviour"  bans from SAES:RPG enabled, then the player will also e unable to join your server (given you have implemented the code snippet which can be found on the developers page, on the management dashboard, whilst logged in with your server account.

1 hour ago, Khadeer143 said:

So I see saes RPG is added so it safest now? 

The reason SAES:RPG is there is because I am actually the lead developer of SAES:RPG. I hope that in the coming weeks many other servers will join the platform, so we can keep our servers clear of any nasty people. 

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...