GTA:SA gets the AO Rating...

Gamefreek

Whats most worrying is the fact that it could potentially COMPLETLY fuck up the modding scene. you'll have the community have a major split with some people not being able to play mods and others being able to.

And about the downloadable patch...laugh....im going to download that for sure!

we might be looking at this wrong on the other hand - they may just be taking out the hot coffee code and leave the rest of the modding be.

Rockstar Games will be making available shortly a downloadable software patch to render Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC impervious to the "hot coffee" modification.

this could mean that they just simply take out any of the animations of hot coffee that exist, and leave the ability for vehicle mods etc, since this is a loophole of their statement

So they're raising it from 17+ to 18+? Is there much difference? It's 18 over here anyway so it'll probably stay the same. Under-17's can get hold of the game already so what difference will the 18 rating make?

thats not the point. im worried about the new protection that'll be implemented to prevent modding - which will happen worldwide. this could cause a community split, half with a modable version and half with protected versions

I read a statement from Rockstar and what I gather is the game will be unavailable to buy until this fall, except for stores willing to sell it with the AO sticker, and they are only going to remove the Hot Coffee material from the game then get it rerated as Mature and put back in the major retail stores again. So people will be able to buy it again and play MTA still.

Talidan, I doubt they can put significant checks in place that will prevent modding. Remember that GTA3 came with no tools or support at all and the community built up tools from scratch. Determined people get results.

I agree that they'll most likely just remove the Hot Coffee code. It's easier than creating some sort of complicated anti-modding protection.

• Moderators
makes u laugh man, all this over a computer game, ppl are at war and everything and they are worried of a fcking game

Tottaly agreed, they worry about a game and not about Irak and their problems.

Rockstar Games will be making available shortly a downloadable software patch to render Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC impervious to the "hot coffee" modification.

They really think we'll download it? No Thanks.

And the fact is, this come since that Janet Jackson accidental breast nude......

They really think we'll download it? No Thanks.

Yeah, just like no-one bought the version of XP without WMP, as requested by the EU.

In europe the rating allready was 18+, and besides that, people under 18 can easily buy the game without problems. And I really don't care about the coffee crap. I like the game how it is and that coffee crap doesn't change that. I hope no one makes the coffee mod a multiplayer MTA gamemode...