ElementData

TorNix~|nR

Hello guys, I have a event that appears sometimes, is a boss, and it's element is "boss"

I want when the element is activated, the zombies doesn't appear, and when it's disabled

the zombies appear again, help?

local aa = getElementData("zombie")

if getElementData("boss") ~= true then
destroyElement(aa)

How can I do it?

Edited by TorNix~|nR

I think I should not use true

I should use, like this

local boss = getElementData(source, "boss")
if boss then

is it?

Also I found this little code (example) on my client-side, so I think it's like that

addEventHandler("onClientPedDamage", root,
function  (attacker, weapon)
 	local boss = getElementData(source, "boss")
 	if boss and antiWeapon[weapon] then
		cancelEvent()
	end
end)

but the problem, I do not know how to do it..

Edited by TorNix~|nR
  • Moderators

Because you haven't found it yet. The boss is probably created serverside, because it has to be synced with all other players.

I do not know the script, neither I am going to spend time searching it for you (I don't have that luxury either). This will be your first research case, where you have to search and find a component you want to edit.

Did you know that I spend more than 30 hours researching a single resource? (one of the first large resources I came in contact with) While researching I started to edit things on the way, which makes researching a bit more interesting.

Tell me @TorNix~|nR, how much energy and time are you going to spend on achieving this?

• Thanks 1
addEventHandler('onClientPedDamage',root,function(attacker,weapon,bodyPart,loss)
	if loss then
		local boss = getElementData(source,'boss')
		if boss then -- if you want to get its actual data.. if boss == 'yes its the :Oin boss xD' then
			cancelEvent()
			setElementHealth(source,(getElementHealth(source)-(loss%5))) -- this is if you want the boss to SLOWLY lose health..
		end
	end
end)

--[[
getElementData(element element, string dataName [, inherit = true/false])
setElementData(element element, string dataName, var value [, bool sync = true/false])
]]

Everything inside [] are optional arguments, the rest is required (usually).
Note that it is Element First, meaning ped, player, vehicle, whatever you are targeting.. Then after element is the data name..

Edited by ShayF
  • Thanks 1

Zombies aren't just appearing randomly, some part of the code is spawning them.. go there, add an if statement to check whether a boss is spawned and that's it. There's more than likely a timer or something already there that keeps the code running over and over again, so a simple if statement should be enough. 

• Thanks 1