how to compress dff and txd file

alqossam

• Administrators

As far as I'm aware you can't compress TXD or DFF.

You should compress the images you use rather than the actual TXD. Also don't use huge dimensions for your textures if they are for something that isn't important, or something small. I don't really use many custom TXDs in my stuff but I imagine 512x512 would be the biggest you want your images to be.

Again, you can't compress a DFF. File size is linked with the amount of polys used in your models, so you should work on decreasing them - this is especially true if you're downloading free models from around the web as most of them won't be optimized.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CodyJ(L) said:

You can compress TXDs, using magic TXDs; ass for DFFs they can be optimized, but not compressed

Does that actually compress the TXD though or the images?

It is possible to compress dff files, but you'll need to use a Lua library to accomplish that. You can use: https://github.com/brimworks/lua-zip

It's basically a Lua module that allows you to compress files in .zip format, I haven't tested it, but I'm making a wild guess that it works. You'll need to load DFF manually by first using the module to compress it, read the compressed file, send it to the client using

triggerLatentClientEvent

Once the client has received the file, decompress it using the same module, and you'll get a string then use

engineLoadDFF ( "yourDFFStringHere" )

to load the file.You save up to 45%.

EDIT: Looks like the module is using C code, I guess you can't achieve it without that. I tried looking for some modules written in pure lua, I couldn't find any of them. Try looking by yourself, you might possibly find one.

Edited by Saml1er
Removed a '\n' character from a line.
  • 2 years later...
On 28/10/2017 at 07:13, Captain Cody said:

With the right settings, the images retain their quality, while the file size drops a crap load. (I got 1.5GB worth of TXDs down to 513mb)

how can i do this? plz help me. just send an tutorial or Clip for reduce txd files...Please teach this topic by sending a guide or a clip.  I need this feature.  Please help me, it's very important and immediate.  Excuse me for bad English

• Administrators
6 hours ago, GalahaD said:

how can i do this? plz help me. just send an tutorial or Clip for reduce txd files...Please teach this topic by sending a guide or a clip.  I need this feature.  Please help me, it's very important and immediate.  Excuse me for bad English

I believe you're the one who asked on our discord channel #modelling ? I gave an answer to that message earlier the morning. Please, if it wasn't you, connect to the MTA discord server and read my response. 

Besides you're replying to an old thread. Please create a new if you intend to have a continous discussion and add as much information to the thread as possible, that way we won't be left with a handful questions on what exactly you're trying to do.

Please navigate to the following board and ensure you've read the posting guidelines for that board in particular. :)

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/forum/177-modelling/