[Roleplay] Liberty City Roleplay [English]

BR5VPsi.jpg

Home // Forums // Mantis // Social // Discord // Other

Liberty City Roleplay a new Roleplay Server that has set foot within the Multi Theft Auto: Community. A brand new experience, something different, unique and much more entertaining than the rest. Our server will include realistic features whilst staying user-friendly in order to provide the best possible experience to our players. Our server will remain in the year 2017, to make sure that our players can enjoy more modern features, whilst allowing us to ensure quality Roleplay and enjoyment. The American Dream has arrived once again, and it's your choice on how you want to live your life, reach to the top, by either being part of the government, a regular civilian or a criminal.

The project was first created on March 13th, 2017 using a beautiful map made by JSeries, well put together, and optimised in order to sustain quality and virtue. This map is also constantly being updated, to minimise any future bugs or issues that may affect the player gameplay. Our previous topic was removed upon request due to the lack of professionalism, quality and thought that was put into it. Originally, this project was set up by two roleplayers as their aims were to provide an immersive and engaging roleplay environment in order to keep the Roleplay environment full of bright colours.

Some features that we've already started work on within the server, are:

• HUD System that allows users to interact with it, whilst displaying a basic percentage of their Hunger, Health, Sickness, and Thirst. This has been made user-friendly, by allowing users to click on areas of the HUD in order to open up a form giving them a full present, detailed review on their current character status.
  • Login System that allows current users that are registered on the Forum to login easily in-game, compiling all data correctly and allowing ease of access. The Character System is still under development, but more information will be released on it soon.
  • Multi-Faction that allows players to join more than 1 Faction, a new feature to not limit the user needs and requirements, and allow them to have an great time Roleplaying within Liberty City.
  • Player System a script that allows pure realism, such as tiredness, if a user runs too much they'd end up having to wait. If a user is away from their keyboard, the character would go into an auto afk system, to ensure realism at all times.
  • Business System that allows players to create their own businesses. A simple system, that allows users can rent out buildings under their business name, manage their business income (take money, store money) etc. The businesses can be anything of your choice, and require external confirmation via a Lead+ Supervisor in order to complete it's final stages. 
  • Vehicle System that provides pure realism. Now you can purchase vehicles which are either manual, or automatic. Not only this, we also have two driving tests that are either based on Automatic Transmission or Manual Transmission (automatic being more expensive). Not only this, but other features such as vehicle tire grip, fluid levels and much more!

(MORE COMING SOON...)

Script Updates

All script updates, announcements or anything linked to the topic can be found at the following link - http://forums.lc-rp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2 - remember to register at our Forums, in order to get your account ready for the the in-game open beta which will have an ETA Soon. Don't miss the opportunity to try something unique and different!

Edited by ℓιgнт
  • Like 1

User Control Panel (Preview): 

mGfW72i.png

Hey there, it's been a while since we last updated this topic. Today, I'd like to introduce you our User Control Panel preview. It is still under construction and may not be visible to majority of the users except The Team and BETA Testers. We've tried to keep this as basic as possible, in order to increase the development time for the server. So as you can see, there's another section under the main account named User Control Panel. In this section of the Summary, you can view a live summary of your characters (Max. 3). It displays the main stats, the Cash, Faction and Last Seen Location in-game. Our More Details is still under development as we're still sketching ideas of possible things to add and ways to improve.

To stay updated visit our forums - http://lc-rp.com 

Regards,

Team Liberty

Edited by ℓιgнт
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Blast3r said:

Is this written from scratch and what are your plans on the economy?

Hi there, yes this is written from scratch the User Control Panel is completely made by myself using PHP and SQL. Also, for the economy question we're still finalizing the Forums and finishing the Server, so more information on that will be available soon. 

13 minutes ago, chazel said:

good luck with this

Thank you for your feedback!

Edited by ℓιgнт
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blast3r said:

I was asking about the script, not the UCP :P

The scripts are not from scratch. Someone mentioned the same thing previously on our Discord whether it's being made from scratch or if it's based on Owl. The answer is no to both questions. It's based on Valhalla itself, but if you were to play in the Closed BETA, you can't even tell if it's Valhalla or a Custom Script. The system has been completely altered, and it was only used as a base, since most Roleplayer's that play Multi Theft Auto are familiar with that system, it just makes our job easier. 

If you have any other questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

4 minutes ago, CodyJ(L) said:

I support the server in general, but I hate seeing all these servers with OG or Valhalla as a base, sure it speeds up development time but where's the originality and creativity in that?

The base is pretty much the few resources in order to make the resources run. The code in majority of them has been overwritten. We're not really doing redesigns of systems, we're re-coding pretty much everything, adding in a whole lot of our own features, and adding realistic roleplay. I can guarantee you, you'd not be able to tell if the server is vG or Custom Scripts. The originality comes in, when we create more than half of the gamemode by ourselves. Since it's Liberty, we have to stick to a certain style, meaning jobs would be altered/re-coded, and newer and better jobs would be added or replace the original. I can go on, but I'm sure you'll notice the difference of the vG feel on our release.

17 minutes ago, CodyJ(L) said:

It's not the fact that it's re-coded, it's just the fact in general that you're using a public base where the originality goes out the door.

It's just a base most players are familiar with. Starting from scratch can fail in my perspectives, and users would have to learn a completely new system. Whereas, there are those servers who make the server from scratch that look alike vG. Why not just use something that's already there and build on it and improve? And I'm sure originality will display once the release is finalized and available to the public. It won't look like another basic design replacement server, or copycat, it'll be unique in many perspectives. Other than that, opinions and questions are accepted, and I'll to answer them to my fullest. 

Edited by ℓιgнт
11 hours ago, CodyJ(L) said:

It's not the fact that it's re-coded, it's just the fact in general that you're using a public base where the originality goes out the door.

I kinda disagree. A good original game is about atmosphere, story and overall feel. Has little to do with the code base behind it. You can bend existing code to serve your purpose and create a whole new experience. You just use the tools at your disposal. If you do it properly, players will  never know that you're using e.g. same underlying algorythm for counting xp as some older server did, and it won't matter to them. The purpose of _all_ of this is still keeping players entertained, right? :)

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Zorgman said:

I kinda disagree. A good original game is about atmosphere, story and overall feel. Has little to do with the code base behind it. You can bend existing code to serve your purpose and create a whole new experience. You just use the tools at your disposal. If you do it properly, players will  never know that you're using e.g. same underlying algorythm for counting xp as some older server did, and it won't matter to them. The purpose of _all_ of this is still keeping players entertained, right? :)

I kind of agree with that point that you made. At the end of the day, players want somewhere to play, and something that would keep them entertained. If we keep providing them with more features, then they'd stay entertained longer which means they'd have more to do within the server.

6 hours ago, CodyJ(L) said:

From a players perspective yeh I'll give yeh that, (All that really matters I suppose) but from a developers perspective, it's easy to tell if a base is being used.

The developer should also be looking at things from a players perspective, because at the end of the day the player wants something that's fun, enjoying and entertaining. If the developer can't meet those requirements then there's no point in making it. And about the base, it's just a basic base gamemode, originality will come in itself once we do beta release.

you need to change that method for making factions. You don't need normally a form. You just need to make the players to make a description, some representative photos and roleplay photos.
I'm gona give you an example.
GkJnkm-1REaYHrYGZQ3qVw.png
That's the topic (is in romanian), and players need to post photos with roleplay. Like this :

maek0TC.png

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, chazel said:

you need to change that method for making factions. You don't need normally a form. You just need to make the players to make a description, some representative photos and roleplay photos.
I'm gona give you an example.
GkJnkm-1REaYHrYGZQ3qVw.png
That's the topic (is in romanian), and players need to post photos with roleplay. Like this :

maek0TC.png

It's only for legal factions apparently, nothing to really worry about.

13 hours ago, Uknown. said:

Well we all know vG based gamemodes are just for those people want to run a Roleplay server for small time donations, and if they have luck keep it alive with good amount of donations. Otherwise, if they don't get enough donations, it goes down.

That actually made me chuckle for a few minutes, as I read what you wrote repetitively. If you can find the 'Donations' page anywhere on our Site/Forums anytime soon, I'd love to see you then criticizing us for stealing donations/money off players. This project, is all financially funded by me, I have the money and I have a job, so no future financial issues would arise that I am aware of. Furthermore, our server isn't P2W like a lot of Roleplay Servers are right now. We supply the best features to our players so no one feels like they're above/below anyone in terms of power/wealth etc. Everyone starts at an equal rate, receive the basic necessities and items; and then it is their job to develop their character further. Don't get me wrong, possibly in the future there may be features that do exist for VIP/Donators who want to support the server/receive something in return, but currently everyone is at equal levels, even the team. The Project is keeping itself up, and doesn't really require any financial support. 

I hope that clarified your point that you made.

Edited by ℓιgнт
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ℓιgнт said:

That actually made me chuckle for a few minutes, as I read what you wrote repetitively. If you can find the 'Donations' page anywhere on our Site/Forums anytime soon, I'd love to see you then criticizing us for stealing donations/money off players. This project, is all financially funded by me, I have the money and I have a job, so no future financial issues would arise that I am aware of. Furthermore, our server isn't P2W like a lot of Roleplay Servers are right now. We supply the best features to our players so no one feels like they're above/below anyone in terms of power/wealth etc. Everyone starts at an equal rate, receive the basic necessities and items; and then it is their job to develop their character further. Don't get me wrong, possibly in the future there may be features that do exist for VIP/Donators who want to support the server/receive something in return, but currently everyone is at equal levels, even the team. The Project is keeping itself up, and doesn't really require any financial support. 

I hope that clarified your point that you made.

Everybody can hide their real intentions behind some words.

2 minutes ago, Uknown. said:

Everybody can hide their real intentions behind some words.

Like I said, show me where you see the word "Donations" in any of our pages, links or forums. If you find it, then you can criticize us for what we're doing. You can't just go around to other's servers criticizing them for stealing donations/player's money when we clearly haven't mentioned anything along the lines of donations yet.

[Update] User Interface:

The User Interface design has been altered and updated. A new top bar has been added for the login too, the top bar of the login is animated, increases on size depending on the one which is active and clicked. Also tweaked the Login Panel itself, design has been updated and simplicity has increased. Added more things into the navigation section, - Login, Log, Team, Forgot. 

Log: Any new in-game logs that have been published a brief preview, such as script changes, forum updates, in-game changes etc, that could possibly affect you, your player or account.

Team: All the team that is currently online in-game, either Idle or Active, this changes depending on if the character is moving or not.

Forgot: A website pops up, takes you directly to our site onto the `Forgot your password` page, and allows you to reset your password by following the form.

DsHNKQy.png

r1i6ERJ.png

Edited by ℓιgнт
  • Like 1