Nvidia FX5200 or Sapphire radeon 9250???

Noobi3

Hmmm im going to buy a video card but im stuck between these 2 choices :x

the sapphire radeon 9250 256mb PCI

or

the Nvidia FX5200 256mb PCI ???

Like you guys can give me info on wich one is better.

the sapphire cost super cheaper than the original 9250 and this guy azure (from kfc forums currently banned) said its really no difference between the brands using the same 9250 or something

i only have PCI slots thats the bad thing,and im sure both of those cards will be a good replacement for my onboard 64mb (which i get 10-20 fps on mta, and 10-15 on Americas army, and like 5 fps on HL2)

id reccomend the nvidia one. but, if you can save a lot with radeon go for it, i dont think it'd make that much difference.

btw, expect loads of replies saying "no radeon is crap get nvidia" but they are both decent brands. if they were the same price id go nvidia, but if radeon was cheaper id probably go for that

edit: just realised you meant cheaper than the old radeon. so id say nvidia

I have that nvidia 1 made by Asylum supposedly 10% faster than others but...

It isnt good for new games, I mean you can play them but when things get heavy (like Rome Total War) you gotta tone everything down and look in vacant spaces to speed up the game :P

It plays Vice City good at least.. I get a solid 30fps with some dips at times. Thanks to overclocking that a buddy explained to me it works much better than it originally was, plus some nice drivers.

I cant comment on the other card. I'm getting a new computer with PCI/Express at the end of the month... Yahtzee.

both rubbish, save up to get a better card or your wasting your money.

Don't forget that he's limited by the fact that he needs a PCI card, so performance will be lower and also he will have a narrower range to choose from. Also bear in mind that the performance of the card may be limited by his CPU.