MTA Crashes right after startup, before entering the menu

Gr0x

Question

I downloaded MTA again a few weeks ago, after not playing it for about 1-2 years.

Every time I open it, GTA opens, I can see the GTA San Andreas "splash/title" screen, but right before it would fade away and take me to the main menu, my client crashes without any errors. I can see the cursor changing to the loading one for about half a second, and then there is nothing. mtasa/gtasa/proxysa is not running after that.

There is a version that worked however, which was this: mtasa-1.5.4-full_rc-11690-20170927

I have no idea why that particular version works. I've tried other ones, but all of them only works after I install MTA, and click "Run" at the end of the install. If i close the game after that, I can not run it anymore, (except when I use the version i mentioned). But of course it's an older one since 1.5.5 is out, and it autopatches it every time.

There are administrator rights for everything, there are no viruses on my computer, and I'm using Windows 10 (64-bit), GTASA works fine w/o MTA.
Any ideas? I have been trying to figure it out for days, but for some reason couldn't... I have no idea what could cause this.
My friend had the same problem, so I'm pretty sure its a common problem, but I couldnt find any answers.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question